Chapter 27

Thank you, itzybitzy07 for this cute banner. :D

(P.S. This is unedited. So sorry for the errors you might catch that I obviously missed. Do tell me if you find them. Thanks and enjoy!)

~~~~~

"Tell me," Abby frowned as she sets her milkshake on the table. "How long are we gonna keep on eating lunch here at the library? It's already been a week! Please tell me you don't plan to eat in here until the end of the semester!"

"But I can't eat in the cafeteria." I answered with my mouth full.

"Can't or won't? You do know that you can't avoid them forever, right?"

I swallowed and sighed. "But I don't know what to do."

"How about giving them an answer then?" Abby suggested. Actually, re-suggested. She has been suggesting that since last week.

"And I keep telling you that I don't really know how to answer them. It's not like I studied about this before, you know." I took the last bite of my sandwich and wiped clean the crumbs on the table. The last thing I want is for the librarian to kick me out for eating in here.

"So you mean to say that if ever Josh or James shows up at your house tonight you'll just hide in your closet or lock yourself in the bathroom pretending to have an upset stomach?" 

I frowned at Abby. "Why an upset stomach?"

Abby rolled her eyes. "Not the point."

"I don't know." I admitted. "Maybe?"

Abby threw a book at me. "You are crazy!

"Awwww! That was painful." I complained.

"I don't think you girls should be throwing books around." 

I quickly turned around and was ready to apologize but sighed in relief instead when I saw that it was just Jess.

"That surprised me. I thought it was a teacher." I smiled at him.

He chuckled. "But I still think you shouldn't throw books at each other."

I shook my head firmly and pointed a finger at Abby. "Not my fault. She threw one at me."