Chapter 3

"Principal Taylor, I'm not really sure if I can handle that. I mean, my hands are already full with studying and studying again." I reasoned for the third time.

Principal Taylor sighed and fixed his already neat tie. "I know that, Miss Fields. But I really think that the tutoring center could use your help. You're a wonderful student with outstanding grades. You could share some of those knowledge of yours to your fellow students. Isn't that great?"

I rummaged through my brain for another reason to decline. "Well, I'm only good with teaching myself. I'm not good in teaching others. I'm not good in dealing with people."

Principal Taylor beamed. "Then why don't you take this opportunity to widen your social horizon? I think that another feature of a good student is being able to socialize well with other students. Besides, being a part of the tutoring center can really look good on your papers in the future."

"Really?" Now this got me interesting. Nothing makes me more interested than an opportunity to make my records look good.

Principal Taylor nodded. "Yes, of course. And being a part of the tutoring center can also make you earn a few cash. You can call it honorarium."

Cash and good record? Oh, yeah! I am definitely gonna be a part of the tutoring center. "Alright. I'm in."

"Wonderful!" Principal Taylor shook my hand and smiled. "Go to the tutoring center tomorrow afternoon after your class. Someone will be there to tell you about your schedule and your student and how things work. Well then, good luck, Miss Fields."

I smiled. "Thanks, Principal Taylor." Now that I think about it, maybe being in the tutoring center isn't that bad at all.

~~~~~

"So you're gonna be a tutor now?" Abby said. We're in Bo's cafe where Josh is working part time. Abby insisted on coming here. Surprisingly, her relationship with Josh changed dramatically from sole enemies to buddy-buddies.

I shrugged and took a long swig of my milk shake. "Yeah. I realized that the offer wasn't so bad after all."

"Hmmm.. Maybe I should sign up for in need of a tutor then." Josh said as he brought over our waffles.

I laughed. "You don't need a tutor, Josh. Besides, you don't have a failing grade. And I doubt you would ever have considering you can't swim when you have red mark."

He clicked his tongue pretending to be disappointed. "That sucks."