Chapter 2

Today is one of those days I wish I could disappear. Firstly, I was late at first period because some kids were playing on the street and they wouldn't leave even though I how much I honk or scream at them. So yeah, I had to fight with them for ten minutes. Then to add to being late, I was also laughed at because my skirt was inside-out. Oh yeah! And there's also the thing that when Mr. Scott asked me to read our Literature piece for the day, what I read was my Spanish homework. And to top it all off, there is also tripping right in front of James Aarons and his gang, where all my stuff came flying around. So there, I had to pick up all my things in front of them while they laughed and snickered and I was tomato red.

"This day is the worst day ever!" I groaned while Abby and I studied at the library. Well, actually while studied and Abby painted her nails.

"It's not that bad. You just had a couple of incidents." Abby said nonchalantly.

"Couple of incidents?!" I shrieked, making the librarian glare at me. I cleared my throat before continuing in a softer voice. "Abby, I was practically laughed my the whole school!"

Abby rolled her eyes at me. "Correction! You were just laughed at by the whole English class and James' gang. That's not the whole school."

"Well, that's not the point here! Urggghhh! I wish I could just go home. But I left my key in my room. I have to wait for mom to come home. Can I stay at your place for a while?" Abby's house was only a couple of blocks away from mine.

"You can, especially if you want to see my brother."

"Josh is back?!" I asked in surprise.

She nodded. "Unfortunately he is. Daddy's already fine so he's coming back here. I actually thought he's gonna graduate there but he said he can't leave his team alone so he'll be coming home. And guess what? He's coming home today. Great, right?" Abby complained about her twin brother. Josh Davis is the swimming team's captain the previous years. He always teased me and Abby when we were kids and so Abby grew a dislike to him. Last year their dad got sick. And since their parents are divorced, he was sent to his dad's place to take care of him. Though I doubt he really took care of him. Josh is more of a kid which is kinda ironic since he's older by a few minutes than Abby. As for my relationship with Josh, we're kinda on steady ground. He still teases me but not as much as when we were still kids. So I guess we have a civil and professional relationship.

"Do you think he's gotten over his I-so-love-to-tease-my-sister-and-her-best-friend phase?" I bit my lower lip in anticipation. I hope he did because all his teasings always made me cry.

"Well, who knows? Why don't you come over today and see for yourself?" Abby smiled at me.

"Uhm, I guess I'll just stay at the public library after all." I said.