Chapter 20

"Please, please, please remind me again why I am here?" I whisper yelled to my best friend whom I am about to strangle.

"Because you're my best friend." She replied as she glanced around the dark shadow of our school. "And because I need your support."

"But please at least tell me the reason why I am about to be suspended for sneaking inside the school at night." I groaned as we waited for principal Taylor's car to leave the school parking lot. He's always the last one to leave the school which is usually late. 

"I told you. Principal Taylor confiscated my phone again. And since it's my fourth violation, it has to stay overnight at school and I have to let my parents get it for me the next day." Abby replied as Principal Taylor's car came to life.

"So why can't you just let your parents get your phone for you in the morning?" I groaned. "I'm pretty sure you can live without a phone for a few hours."

"Yes, I can. But my parents will die when they see what's inside my phone."

My eyes bulged out from their sockets. "Oh my gosh! What have you been keeping in your phone?"

"Oh shut up!" She rolled her eyes at me. "It's not what you think. Just some teenage stuff parents aren't ready to see yet." She winked at me and I made another groan.

"I am not gonna break inside the school." I stomped my foot.

"You are so dramatic. We are not gonna break into the school. We are just having a late night visit." She scoffed.

I snorted. "A late night visit that includes sneaking into Principal Taylor's office."

"Whatever. Now come one. It's our chance. Principal T is gone." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the school.

"What if the night guard catches us? And besides, how are we even gonna get inside?"

"The night guard does his rounds inside the school after midnight and before five in the morning. For the rest of the night, he does his rounds outside the school. So we're safe. As for the entering part, of course I left a window in our Literature classroom open."

"Wow, you sure did your research." I said sarcastically.

"Thanks. Now hurry up." Abby easily lifted the window in our Literature classroom and went inside. And before I could change my mind and run back to my house, I took a deep breath and came inside.