Chapter 10

Is the world really serious? Why did it have to give me this unnecessary attention out of all people? Right now, I'm still standing in the middle of the make-shift dance floor at Jenna's party with every single person's eye buried in me as I contemplate on how on earth I ended up with having Jess, Josh and James offer to take me home and everyone had to hear them say it.

So yeah, as you probably can imagine it, I'm still staring at them with my mouth slightly hanging open. I looked over at my best friend for help but she was just grinning at me, clearly enjoying my misery.

"I'll take you home." Josh said, breaking the silence. "I'm about to head out too. Besides, your house is on the way."

James scoffed at him. "I asked her first. I already invited her to go out somewhere else with me."

"She goes with me." Jess said and looked over at James and Josh. "I bet the two of you are already pretty drunk."

"I am not drunk!" James said at the same time Josh replied, "I haven't touched a single bottle of beer."

"But I only need one ride." I said softly, averting my eyes.

"That's why I'm offering." Again, the three of them said together. I heard the three of them scowl as they glare at each other.

Now I got to get out of here and save myself from further humiliation. I just got to choose whoever.

"I think," I sighed. "I'm just gonna go with..." I saw Abby make an overly excited face at me and I sighed. "I'm gonna ride with Josh. I don't want to trouble you guys. And besides, James, my awfully high heels won't let me ride a motorbike, and as for you, Jess, Jenna might still need you. But thank you, I guess."

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Josh smile, and James and Jess frown. Why are they so eager on taking me home anyway? Is there something at my house that awfully attracts them?

As we were on our way out, I could still feel everyone's eyes on my back. It was only until we were a few blocks away from Jenna's house that I was finally able to breathe.

"So, do you want to go somewhere else or something?" Josh grinned at me, looking as if he just won some award.

I frowned at him. "What are you talking about? I thought you also wanted to get home?"

Even under the faint light of the street lights, I swear I saw Josh's face turned a little red. "Well, yeah. I was wondering maybe you'd like to go somewhere else."