Chapter 8

Hey, everyone! =) I'm sorry this took so long.. My mind has been really blank for the past weeks.. Anyway, I hope you still enjoy this chapter.. ;)

~~~~~

"H-Hi!" I greeted Josh the next morning. He was earlier than I expected him to be. And remembering the events of the night before, I can't help but feel irritatingly self conscious and avoid his eyes.

"Hey!" He grinned at me. "Do you want to grab some breakfast before we head to school? I haven't eaten anything."

I groaned internally. I want to be separated from him as much as possible. Besides, I already ate. But I can't just let a person who hasn't eaten his breakfast go to school, right? "Uh, s-sure."

"Are you okay?" He raised an eyebrow at me as he started his car. "You sound, weird."

I quickly shook my head. "Perfectly fine! Now, drive away!" I tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible but even to my own ears I sounded fake.

Josh didn't further ask anything and just drove to the nearest cafe. And though he insisted that we dine in for a while, I refused, saying I still had to go the library before first period. Yeah, I'm lame. 

"Well, I'll see you later." Josh smiled as he surprisingly walked me to my locker much to my dismay.

"Y-Yeah." I replied and quickly faced my locker to avoid his eyes. After a while, Josh left and I gave out a huge sigh. I have to avoid him right now as much as possible seeing how I'm starting to get uncomfortable around him. 

"Megan!" I heard someone call behind me as I was about to head to the library. I looked behind and saw Jess running towards me.

"Hey, Jess." I smiled at him.

"Hi!" He replied. "You heading to study before class?"

I nodded. "Sort of."

He chuckled. "I'd just like to tell you that today's sessions will be cancelled."

"Why?" I frowned.

"New reviewers and reference books will be delivered to us today. We have to check them before we use them and give copies to the students. So today we'll be doing that." He explained.

"Oh." James will be happy to hear that. "I see. I'll have to tell James later then."