Chapter 7

The next morning, I was surprised to see a white rose tied in my locker. There was no note or anything but I have this feeling it might be from him though there wasn't another letter waiting inside my locker this time. It was just the white rose.

"Just what are his intentions?" I muttered to myself as I stuffed the rose inside my locker.

"Morning, teach!" A husky voice greeted behind me. And from the arrogant tone, I didn't have to turn around to see who it was.

"Well, if it isn't James Aarons. Long time, no see." I said sarcastically.

"You missed me?" He grinned.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Not in this world. What do you want?"

He shrugged as he leaned unto my locker comfortably. "Nothing much. Just reminding you not to be late later."

I snorted. "Aren't you supposed to tell that to yourself?"

He gave me his cocky smile. "Just don't be late." He winked at me before he walked over to his friends. I wonder just what's up with that guy.

The day was longer than I expected. Maybe because of the few misfits I had yet again. Like the fact that I failed to solve an exercise at Math today. And also when I forgot to bring my gym clothes and had to sit out which I don't actually mind except that today's activity was worth 50 points and I got a huge zero. And ahhh! My greatest misfit today was having Abby as my best friend.

"Are you in love with someone?" Abby straight forwardly asked Josh at lunch. And of course as soon as she asked the question, I choked on my apple juice and glared at her. What on earth is she doing?

"W-What?" Josh asked in surprise.

"I asked if you're in love with someone." She grinned. I gave her another glare and she just shrugged at me. Is she trying to kill me?

I sighed and rubbed my temples. Please don't slip about the letter. Please don't slip about the letter. Please don't tell him or I'm gonna die.

Josh nervously cleared his throat a few times and looked at me for a second then took a swig of his water. Wait, look at me?

"You are in love, aren't you?!" Abby exclaimed as she pointed at her brother.