I Don't Even Care - Quinn Hughes

I felt my disappointment grow with every ring I heard on the phone

I felt my disappointment grow with every ring I heard on the phone. I had plans with Quinn, he wouldn't tell me what plans but he was definitely excited about them. When I started feeling sick I hoped it would pass quickly and I would be fine by the time I needed to be. I was wrong.

I still felt sick to the point I didn't want to leave my bed, or move at all for that matter. I didn't feel like eating, reading, nothing. All I wanted to do was sit there, feel better and to be with Quinn.

"Hey beautiful" I heard Quinn's voice on the other end. Now I was regretting what I had to say even more.

"Hey cutie, I'm sorry but I don't think I can make tonight. I'm feeling a little sick, I think I'm coming down with something. I think it might be the flu or something I don't know" I rambled. I always rambled when I was nervous.

"Are you ok?" He sounded concerned.

"Yeah, I would be better if I was with you though" I joked with a laugh.

"I'll be right over"

"Honey, I'm sick. I don't want to get you sick" I explained.

"I don't even care a little if I get sick, I just want to be with you" I could hear his smile.

"I love you so much"

"Can't be as much as I love you, I'll see you soon sweetheart"

Quinn was walking through my door in record time with an arm full of stuff that he, no doubt, got in an effort to make me feel better.

"You came with gifts" I giggled as Quinn made himself comfortable on the bed next to me.

"All your favorites, hopefully it'll make you feel a little better"

I smiled at him. I was genuinely happy to have him there even if I was afraid of getting him sick.

"I got you soup too" he explained opening the top of a take out container.

"I'm not-" I started before he cut me off.

"I know you're not hungry, you never are when you're sick but you need to eat my love"

Seeing the concerned look on his face I couldn't say no. I took the soup from his hand and breathed in some of the steam.

"What's the plan for tonight?" He asked pushing the blanket back and over him while I ate some soup.

He was right, the warmth was already soothing my throat.

"I didn't really have a plan" I shrugged.

"Perfect, no plan it is"

I started a movie wondering how far I would even get into it before I fell asleep.

"I forgot to give you this" he pulled out a small blue teddy bear. "I thought it was cute like you" he chuckled.

"It's so cute" I put down my soup and took it from his hands. "He reminds me of you! I'm going to name him Quinn Jr" I giggled holding the teddy bear at arms length.

"Adorable" he smiled pulling me into him and wrapping his arms around me.

"I know you are" I got more comfortable and snuggled into him hugging the teddy bear.

He rubbed my hair and I wanted so badly to tilt my head up and kiss him, but the urge to not get him sick was even stronger.

"Thank you for coming, I really hope I don't get you sick" I rubbed his chest.

"Even if I do, it would be worth it"

"Now you're just talking crazy" I laughed looking up at him.

"Well, you kind of make me a little crazy baby" he said rubbing his fingers over my cheek softly.

I breathed as deeply as I could with the sickness that was taking over my body. I couldn't find it in me to tear my eyes away from his.

"You're making it increasingly harder for me to not kiss you" I said a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Who says you can't?" He kept his voice soft.

"I really don't want to get you sick babe"

"Hey" he tilted my head to face him directly by my chin gently.

"Yeah?" I was breathless, the way he looked at me in that moment made my heart flutter.

"I don't even care" he smiled.

"You don't?"

"Not even a little bit"

He pulled my face gently towards his and kissed me gently a few times before pressing his forehead to mine.

"I'm going to feel terrible if you get sick now" I lightly giggled not tearing my eyes away from his.

"Worth it" he laughed.

"That would definitely not be worth you getting sick and feeling miserable" I played with the draw string on his hoodie.

"I don't even care" he chuckled playing with my fingers that played with his hoodie.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully. He was always so good to me. I would never know how I got so lucky to have him, and I didn't even care.

Player Requested by: @B0YPABL0

Thanks for requesting! Hope you like it! Sorry if this ones bad 🙈❤️