The Weird Feeling - Auston Matthews

I had been becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable but I wasn't going to let anything ruin the events of the day

I had been becoming increasingly more and more uncomfortable but I wasn't going to let anything ruin the events of the day. Auston was finally coming home and I was beyond excited to see him. He had been on a road trip and I missed him the entire time he was gone. I knew he would he home any minute and I wanted everything to be perfect.

I made my way to the kitchen to start making Auston's favorite meal when all of the sudden I became super uncomfortable. It wasn't exactly pain, but I definitely didn't think it was 100% normal. I took a few deep breaths and as quickly as it had started it had faded.

I shook it off and started making the food. The weird feeling kept coming and going randomly but I managed to make it through cooking the meal. As I left the food in the kitchen to simmer and finish cooking I heard the door open.

I ran to the door and instantly enveloped Auston in a massive hug.

"I'm so glad you're home" I gripped him tighter.

"I'm so glad I'm home, how's our little peanut?" He asked leaning down to kiss my belly before kissing my lips.

"They're a little bigger than a peanut now, but they're good I think. I just...whoa" the weird feeling overcame me again.

"Are you ok?" He looked at me concerned.

"Yeah, I've just been having this weird feeling. It comes and goes so I'm sure it's nothing serious, I made dinner." I smiled at him.

"Y/N, I think that weird feeling might be labor" his voice had a hint of panic.

"Like the baby's coming labor?" My eyes widened.

"Like the baby's coming" Auston smiled with a nod. "How long have you been having that weird feeling?"

"I'm not sure, a few hours or so?" I shrugged.

"Oh my God, Y/N, you've had contractions for a few hours? We have to get to the hospital" he grabbed our prepacked bag and led me out the door.

"Babe! The food!" I called to him.

"Forget the food, I have to get you to the hospital" he said still leading me out.

"No I mean I left the oven and the stove on" I laughed a little.

"Ok here," he started as he handed me the keys. "Start the car and get comfortable" he kissed my head before running inside.

He was adorable.

"Alright, what can I get you?" Auston asked grabbing my hand as he sat next to the bed in our hospital room.

"I have you and we're about to have our giant peanut here, I have everything I need" I stroked his cheek gently.

"I know I always tell you I love you but I have never loved you more than I do right now" he kissed my lips gently.

"I love you more than anything" I smiled as he settled back in his seat.

"Hello, hello, how are you feeling? Anymore weird feelings?" The nurse asked walking in.

"Nope, not since you guys shanked me in the back" I giggled.

"Not exactly what happens, but that's exactly what it's supposed to do" the nurse smiled checking over the machines. "It's a good thing you listened to your gut on those weird feelings, they're definitely contractions and you're moving along quite quickly"

"Daddy's smart" I grinned at Auston. "Can I have anything to drink?" I asked the nurse.

"Water" she smiled at me sympathetically.

"I'll get you some" Auston popped out of his seat.

"Thanks baby" I smiled at him as he walked out of the room.

"You got a good one there" the nurse looked at me.

"The best" I grinned.

He really was the best. The whole pregnancy he had been super supportive, loving, caring and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better person to go through this whole process with.

"Here's your water sweetheart" Auston walked in with a cup of water.

"Better drink it fast, I'm going to get the doctor. Looks like we're ready" the nurse walked out.

"Ready? We're ready? Are we ready, Auston?" I panicked.

"We're ready darling, you're ready. I know you can do this" he smiled kissing my forehead as the doctor came in.

"I hear someone's ready to have a baby" the doctor walked in.

"Totally ready" I smiled at Auston.

"Let's do this then" the doctor turned to me.

It seemed like such a short amount of time but also like it took forever, but before we knew it the doctor was placing our tiny baby in my arms.

"It's a girl" the doctor smiled widely.

"She's beautiful" Auston rubbed the top of her head.

I could tell, even though he was trying his best to hide it, tears were quickly forming in his eyes.

"She's absolutely perfect" I let a few of my own tears fall.

"Do we have a name?" The nurse asked coming to the side of the bed.

"Well we have a few" Auston started as he caressed our daughters cheek with a sniffle.

"And I love every single name we've picked so whatever you want to pick I will love it" I looked at him seriously.

"Alaia" he smiled. "Her name's Alaia"

"I love it" I sniffled looking back at Alaia.

I looked up at Auston slightly holding Alaia out to place her in his arms.

"Hey, Alaia. I'm your daddy and you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen" he gently rocked our daughter in his arms. "Thank you for waiting till daddy got home to make your grand appearance. I love you so much. You'll always be my little princess" he gently placed a kiss to her cheek.

I looked up at Auston with admiration. Love seemed to pour out of me and seeing him with her gave me another weird feeling. My heart felt like it was going to burst and a warmth took over my entire body.

As opposed to the weird feeling I had earlier in the day, I knew exactly what this weird feeling was just by looking at Auston rocking Alaia in his arms, complete and absolute happiness.

Dedicated to: thesarangsense who had an absolutely cute idea they let me write for them!

Thank you for letting me write for you! 💙🤍💙🤍