I'm Yours - Patrick Kane

"I brought the ice cream, they didn't have have two that were all vanilla so I got one vanilla and one- what the hell Corey?!" I yelled walking into my brothers place

We had been planning a surprise party for my brother, Brent, for a few weeks. I was in charge of the ice cream and making sure everything went off smoothly. I thought it was going to be a good day until I walked in and saw Patrick was already there. I had figured he would be at the party, but I just thought that by the time he was there I would be able to use the crowd to not be around him.

Since pretty much the day we met, we had not liked each other. Everyone said eventually we would get along but it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

"You didn't say he would be here" I finished walking into the kitchen.

"We need all the help we can get Y/N!" Corey defended himself following me to the kitchen.

"This was supposed to be a good day...when it starts off like this" I took a deep breath before continuing "today is going to suck"

"Just stay in the other room" Corey shrugged.

"You don't get it, he's the worst. He's rude and obnoxious and I can't stand him"

"I can hear you, you know?" Patrick screamed from the living room.

"It's not like it was a big secret" I yelled back while Corey pulled my attention back to him.

"Hey, hey why don't you set up in here and I'll keep him in there until the party starts?"

I nodded and started setting up while Corey walked out of the kitchen. It didn't take me as long as I thought to set the kitchen up and when I was done I decided it was best to start getting ready. I went to the living room to grab my things and noticed the living room was empty.

'They left me? Sweet' I thought to myself grabbing my things and heading to Brent's room to get ready. I opened the door and gasped when I saw the two men standing in the room.

"Catch your reflection in the mirror there Y/N?" Patrick smirked.

I shot him a dirty look before turning to Corey.

"I was just going to start getting ready is everything ok?" I asked.

"Yeah we were just looking for places to put personal items."

"Oh ok, just let me know when it's good to go" I smiled at him.

"We better let her get ready it could take while to get her looking decent" Patrick almost whispered to Corey.

"Do you have any place for him to store his bad attitude and unintelligible comments?" I turned to Corey.

"We're leaving ok?" He patted my shoulder before they left the room.

It wasn't long after the first few people showed up that I had finished getting ready. I walked into the living room, only a few people were there. I glanced at the clock and with a half hour until Brent was supposed to be back I decided to make a drink.

I rolled my eyes when I walked into the kitchen and saw Patrick was already there making a drink. I decided to ignore him, do what I had to do and get out of there as quick as possible.

I looked around for the sprite, I was about to give up and pick a different drink when I realized Patrick had it. I decided to swallow my pride.

"Can you pass the-" I started while Patrick slid the pop away from him. "Thanks" I said almost shocked and began making my drink.

"Can I ask you something?" He finally said not looking up from his drink.

"Is it going to be snarky, sarcastic and hurtful?"

"Why do you hate me so much, Y/N? I don't understand"

"Why do I hate you? You hate me Patrick, you're always so mean and hurtful. I have to hate you, if I didn't the things you say would hurt so much"

"You're joking right?" He chuckled.

"Exactly what I mean" I muttered.

"What?" He got defensive.

"I can't talk to you, even when I try you just get sarcastic and closed off"

"Well you're...cocky and snooty" He shot back.

"I can't believe for a spilt second I thought we could have a decent conversation" I shook my head.

"You're so oblivious" he said lowly.

"You're rude"

"You're clueless"

"You're infuriating"

"You're beautiful"

"You're...what?!"

Before either of us said anything else he pulled me to him and kissed me roughly. Without even thinking what I was doing I kissed him back, running my hands through his hair. When he pulled away I looked at him confused.

"What the hell was that?" I muttered.

"Something I shouldn't have done, I'm sorry" he mumbled turning away from me.

"Not so fast," I pulled him back by the arm. "One minute you're hurling insult after insult the next minute you're kissing me? What the hell Kane?!"

"It made it easier, ok?" I gave him an even more confused look. "You're amazing, everything about you draws me to you. When I first met you I thought you were mesmerizing but I had to push you away because Brent-"

"What about Brent?" I was starting to get angry.

"He said if I tried, he'd kill me" he shrugged.

"Come on, do you actually think he would kill you?"

"No but he'd try! And that's not healthy for a relationship to start out like that. If by some miracle you were interested in me, I couldn't do that to you"

"Soooo you insult me and demean me? Great plan, Kane" I laughed.

"It worked didn't it...up until now"

"It did work, I had no idea. And for what it's worth" I started moving closer to him and laying my arms around his neck. "I...am interested. If you keep being sweet Patrick and not other Patrick" I laughed.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me against him. "This isn't a revenge move is it?" He eyed me suspiciously.

"No, silly" I laughed pulling him to me and kissing him sweetly.

"What about your brother?" He asked pulling away.

"Look we don't have to do this if you don't want to" I tried to move out of his grip.

"No," he pulled me back to him tightly. "You're mine, I'm not letting you go"

"I'm yours?"

"You're mine, if you want to be of course" he smiled genuinely at me.

"I'm yours" I kissed him again and I felt him smile into the kiss.

Just then, the guests from the living room yelled that Brent was coming up.

"Ready to surprise your brother?" Patrick asked me taking my hand and kissing my cheek softly.

I was still angry with my brother for meddling in and what was worse he didn't even tell me. I spent almost the entire time I had known Patrick wondering what I had done for him to hate me as much as he did. I knew I had to have a talk with him.

"Oh he's going to get a surprise alright" I laughed pulling Patrick along to the living room.