I Think So - Jacob Markstrom

"Well that makes it official" I shoved my phone back in my pocket before making my way to the living room with a bowl of fruit I had set out for a snack

"What's official?" Jacob asked as I sat down on the couch next to him.

"Everyone will be at least an hour late to game night" I explained, taking some fruit.

"Can't say I'm at all shocked" he chuckled quickly, making me laugh myself.

Jacob was by far the best friend I had ever had. We hadn't known each other all that long but I always felt like he just knew me better than anyone else and he had never failed me since I met him.

"That could be our first game of the evening. Guess who arrives, first to last" I giggled while taking more fruit.

"I like it. It should be a staple at every game night now" Jacob smiled at me while taking some fruit himself.

"I'll work it into the schedule" I joked.

"Well since we have an hour, what should we do?"

"It's not enough time for a movie so we can't really do that and you're too boring to just sit and talk to" I laughed at the pretend shock that washed over his face, fully knowing my joke had hit. "You know I love you" I nudged him with my foot closest to him on the couch.

"Yeah yeah" he breathed a laugh, grabbing my foot and laying it in his lap before placing a hand on my shin. "You act like listening to you babble on all day everyday isn't such a tremendous feat"

"Excuse me?" I asked, shocked with my mouth slightly dropped open. "You definitely talk more than I do"

"Well that's not true at all, small one, but thank you for trying" he chuckled.

"Definitely true"

"Alright then, new game?" He looked at me questioningly.

"I'm intrigued, go on" I waited patiently.

"First one to make a noise loses?" He waited expectantly.

"You're so on, and you're so going to lose" I smiled widely.

"Trust me, next time I hear your voice it'll be congratulating me on winning the game" he grinned.

"Keep dreaming" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You'll see. Starting....now"