You'll Get Used To It - Kirby Dach

I laced up my skates, slowly and painfully

I laced up my skates, slowly and painfully. I figured the longer it took me to get my skates situated, the longer it would be before I had to get on the ice.

I was not a good skater. And when I say not a good skater, I mean I always spend 90% of my time on the ice laying on the ice after falling.

"You need some help there?" I heard Kirby ask with a hint of amusement to his voice.

"I think I got it, I did it right...right?" I looked up at him from where I sat.

"You actually did not" he chuckled kneeling down to fix my skates.

Kirby and I had met through our group of friends a few months prior. We had hung out multiple times but always in our group. Things were always super flirty between the two of us, like we were already together but it seemed like neither one of us wanted to take that leap and admit we were interested.

I loved getting to spend time with Kirby so when our friends suggested going out ice skating tonight, I only said yes because I knew Kirby would be there.

"Thanks" I smiled as Kirby pulled himself back to his feet.

"Sure, come on" he held out his hand.

"Umm...I think I'm going to wait a little bit" I smiled nervously.

"Y/N, can you not skate?" He smirked.

It was no secret that Kirby was pretty good on a pair of skates which didn't make the situation any less stressful for me.

"I can skate...just not well and I hug the ice a lot but I can skate" I rambled.

"Don't worry I got you, I won't let you get hurt" he said sticking out his hand again for me to take.

"It's not the getting hurt, it's the spending the whole time laying on the ground and not having fun" I lightly laughed placing my hand in his.

"I'll tell you what, how about this? I won't let you fall" he smiled at me gripping my hand.

"Now that sounds like something I could get on board with" I laughed.

He lead me to the ice and helped me step on. He kept me steady and even taught me a few tricks on how to keep my balance. I was actually having fun.

"See? It's not so bad is it?" He smiled over at me while he tugged me across the ice.

"Ok maybe it's not as bad as it usually is" I giggled coming to a stop.

"You're doing great" he stopped and leaned next to me.

"Only because you're practically holding me up out there" I giggled with my hand over my face.

"Well then I guess I'll just have to always hold you up" he said seriously as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Y/N hasn't been wiping out every ten seconds today?" Our friend Ben chuckled as he approached us effectively ruining our moment.

"Well I had a very good teacher" I grinned at Kirby.

"Your boyfriend is probably the best person here to teach you" Ben laughed skating away from us as I stood in shock.

"He didn't even give me a chance to tell him you weren't my boyfriend" I lightly laughed shaking my head.

"Hey" he tugged my hand a little "don't worry about it ok? Let's go" he smiled.

He was so confusing. One minute he was acting like we were a couple and the next he was completely avoiding the topic. Men.

"Here you go" Kirby smiled handing me a bottle of water.

"Thank you" I returned his smile as he sat down at the table next to me. "Is it normal for my legs to already be sore? Because they're already sore" I laughed rubbing my thighs in an attempt to stop the throbbing.

"You'll get used to it" he chuckled placing a hand on my thigh and giving it a gentle squeeze.

I looked up at him with wide eyes. I loved the feeling of his hand on my thigh, so much so that it took everything within me to stop myself from mauling him with a kiss.

"Are you guys coming to dinner with us?" Another one of our friends, Carmen, asked as she walked over to our table.

"Umm, are we?" Kirby looked at me curiously.

I shrugged, more curious as to why he was asking me if we were both going to dinner than if we actually were going.

"We can if you want" I smiled slightly.

"Do you want to?" He asked me seriously.

"Sounds like fun" I shrugged again.

"We'll be there then Carmen" Kirby smiled still not looking away from me.

"Your boyfriends too cute, and your girlfriend is a lucky girl" Carmen giggled addressing Kirby as she went to leave.

"Actually-" I started before Kirby cut me off.

"We'll see you there" he yelled after Carmen.

"Again, I didn't get a chance to tell her I wasn't your girlfriend" I played with the cap to my water bottle.

"Well maybe you should be" he said quietly.

I became fully aware that his hand was still firmly on my thigh and my body made note of how close his body had come to mine.

"What?" I asked barely above a whisper.

"I'm saying maybe you should be my girlfriend. No, I'm asking you to be my girlfriend. I mean we like each other right? I'm not the only one that feels that?"

"No, I feel it too" I smiled.

"Well?" He looked at me expectantly.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend"

The smile spread quickly across his face while he popped up and grabbed my face in both of his hands bringing me to him for a sweet kiss.

"I can't believe I can finally do that" Kirby chuckled after he pulled away.

"You'll get used to it" I giggled mimicking his words from earlier.

"Maybe, but I hope not"

His words brought a smile to my face. I guess he was right, no matter how long we decided to stay together I hope we never got used to it. Everyday would hopefully feel new and exciting with each other and I wouldn't have hoped for it any other way.

Player requested by: @nhlhughes

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️