Push - Travis Konecny

"I'm here" I heard Travis' voice call as my front door opened

"I'm almost ready, just finishing up!" I called back standing in front of my bathroom mirror.

"Stop trying to improve perfection and get out here, I'm hungry" I heard him yell with a hint of a laugh.

His words made me both blush and melt. Although, everything about Travis made me melt. We had been talking for what felt like forever and we had yet to make it official. I would be official with him in a heartbeat but I tried my best not to push it.

"Fine, fine" I started as I walked out of the bathroom pulling on a sweater. "I didn't get to finish my hair but let's get you some food" I giggled making my way to him to give him a hug.

"I love your hair the way it is" he smiled running a hand through my hair to rest behind my head and pull me in to kiss him.

"Thanks cutie" I planted a quick kiss to his cheek. "Let's go to lunch"

Lunch went about the same as it normally would, small talk, catching each other up on our lives since we had seen each other and other basic things. After lunch we walked back to the car. On the way we passed a small cupcake shop and right as we passed someone exited and the sweet smell hit us as the door opened.

"That smells amazing" I said breathing in.

"Want to go get one?" Travis asked grabbing my hand and tugging me towards the door.

"I have an idea" I gripped his hand and pulled him towards the car.

"Oh yeah? What's this idea of yours?" He chuckled as we reached the car.

"Want to bake cupcakes with me?" I smiled at him hopefully.

"Sure cutie, I'll bake cupcakes with you" he smiled kissing me quick and opening the door for me to get in the car.

"Alright that should be everything" I laid the flour on the counter. "I measure and you mix?" I looked at Travis.

"Sounds like a safe choice" he chuckled picking up the whisk I had set out.

As I measured and added things, he stirred. I felt him watching me as I carefully measured each ingredient.

"Do you want to put the batter in the pan while I start the frosting?" I asked him quickly.

"You're actually making frosting?" He asked almost shocked.

"Of course, it's better that way" I smiled at him.

"Wow" he chuckled.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"I just didn't know you were this talented in the kitchen" he continued.

"Well there's a lot of things you don't know about me Konecny" I giggled starting the frosting.

"Yeah, I guess so" he said almost with a sad expression.