The Star On Top Of The Tree - Gabriel Landeskog [Christmas Edition]

"Alright I think that's everything" Gabe said putting down another bin of Christmas decorations in the living room

"Thanks honey" I smiled giving him a quick kiss.

Every year Gabe and I decorated the tree together, it had become a tradition since our first Christmas together and it's a tradition I intended on keeping for as long as we were together. Gabe had been extra busy this year and with it being Christmas Eve, we were getting around to decorating the tree at the very last minute but it was still better than breaking our tradition.

"Thanks for waiting for me to decorate the tree" he wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind as I unraveled some garland with my hands.

"I wouldn't do it without you, it's tradition" I giggled turning in his arms and kissing him softly.

"I can't wait to start all kinds of new traditions with you in the future" he smiled giving my lips another peck.

"I like the sound of that" I smiled back giving him a squeeze.

"I'll do the lights since it's kind of my job now" he chuckled taking the lights out of one of the bins he brought in from the garage.

"Just make sure the plug to actually plug them in is left hanging out so we can actually, you know, plug in the lights for the tree" I giggled as he gave me a look.

"You know, that happens one year and you're never going to let me forget it are you?" He chuckled lightly.

"I'm sorry baby, but no never" I laughed moving to start placing the garland on the tree.

We spent a good part of the morning making sure the tree was decorated perfectly. We took our tree decorating very seriously.

"I think it's pretty much good to go" I smiled looking over the tree.

"It looks beautiful" Gabe said stepping back to get a good look at the tree that was now fully decorated.

"It sure does, it's perfect" I smiled. "Now the only thing left is to put the star on top of the tree and that's kind of my job now"

I grabbed the stepladder and began to climb. I loved putting the star on the top of the tree, it was my favorite part and Gabe knew it which is why I always got to put the star on the top of the tree.

"Alright" I started as I reached for the branch at the very top where the star would go. "Can you hand me the star please babe?" I reached back not taking my focus from the tree.

"Of course sweetheart" I heard Gabe move to grab the star.

In a few seconds I felt something be placed in my hand. It wasn't the star. I turned my head quickly to see what was in my hand. My heart felt like it completely stopped when I saw the beautiful diamond ring that he had placed in my hand.

"It's beautiful, Gabe?" I barely breathed out as I shot my head up to look at him confused.

"Before I do this can you step off the ladder please? You're making me nervous" he nervously chuckled softly.

"Oh yeah, ok" I stepped down quickly.

As soon as my feet hit the floor, Gabe got down on one knee taking my hand in his.

"I love decorating the tree with you every year, I look forward to it every Christmas time. The longer I'm with you, the more I know with everything in my heart I want to decorate the tree with you every year for the rest of my life. I want to do everything with you for the rest of my life. You're the most honest, sweet, down to earth person I've ever met. You're beautiful inside and out and it's not a secret you make me a better person, you make me a complete person. Will you marry me?" He looked at me with an expectant, nervous look.

"Gabe I...I don't...I don't know how to say yes enough. Of course I'll marry you" I pulled him to his feet and wrapped my arms around his neck kissing him sweetly.

"You will?" He took a relieved breath.

"Of course I will, were you actually nervous about my answer?" I giggled.

"You never know" he breathed a laugh kissing the tip of my nose. "Here" he grabbed my hand and took the ring out of it sliding it onto my finger.

"It really is so beautiful" I breathed out looking up at him adoringly.

"It was hard finding a ring as beautiful as you are, but any ring is beautiful when you're wearing it" he kissed my forehead.

"I love you so much" I closed my eyes savoring the feeling of his lips on my forehead.

"I love you so much more" he pulled away smiling.

"You know what this means?" I looked at him expectantly.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"We need a new star for the top of the tree since this ones not leaving my finger" I giggled.

"I think I saw one in the bins that will work" he chuckled pulling me into a hug.

"Good, I still call putting the star on the top of the tree" I smiled moving to climb the stepladder again.

"Sure thing, fiancé" Gabe smirked reaching for the star and handing it out to me.

"Thank you, fiancé" I smiled at him before placing the star in its perfect place.

"Beautiful" Gabe wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Not as beautiful as the first one you gave me, but it'll do" I giggled wrapping an arm around his waist as he planted a kiss to the top of my head.

Christmas request by: mitchyymarns

Thanks for requesting!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️