Effective - Mat Barzal

"Get up, we're going out" Mat called to me throwing a pillow over my face

"No" I groaned throwing the pillow back.

"I'm sorry, did you just say no to me?" He asked moving closer to the bed.

"Did you need me to say it again?" I asked my face still against my bed.

"That's it" Mat grabbed the blanket covering me and pulled it off.

"Why? Remind me why did I give you a key to my place?" I asked angrily getting up.

"For emergencies" he shrugged.

"And this is not one" I pushed past him making my way to the kitchen.

"Oh but I think it is, come on Y/N you need to get out and do something. You've been so down for the last few weeks, let's do something that will make you happy" he smiled sympathetically at me.

"Perfect, going back to bed will make me happy. I'm going to go do that" I moved before he stopped me with arms around my waist.

"Nice try. I'll throw together some breakfast if you promise to go get ready"

"Fine, I promise. It better be good breakfast though" I called walking down the hall.

"You'll love it" I heard him call back.

"You were right, that was delicious. Thank you" I smiled over at Mat. "What are we doing today then?" I asked moving to start cleaning the plates.

"We're going to a class" he smiled brightly getting up from his chair.

"A class?" I turned to face him with an eyebrow raised.

"You'll have fun, trust me"

I rolled my eyes but decided to trust him anyways.

I had been having a rough few weeks and my mood had been at an all time low. If anyone knew how to cheer me up it would be Mat. He was my closest friend, the person that knew me the best, the person I could turn to for anything, and unfortunately the person I loved more than anything.

"Umm, Mathew?" I looked at him curiously as supplies were being set in front of us.

The whole class consisted of just Mat and myself and paint was being set in front of us.

"I'm confused, are we the only ones in this class?" Mat looked at the woman giving us our supplies.

"Yes sir, we find it more effective that way" she smiled walking out of the room.

"Effective?" He said confused to no one in particular.

"Umm, what kind of class is this?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him looking at the paint.

"It said 'a day of painting, Pinot and propinquity' I think" he pulled out his phone.

"Yep, we're gonna need more wine" I joked grabbing one of the bottles that was already on the table.

"What?" He asked curiously.

"Mat, honey" I started laying a hand on his arm. "Do you know what propinquity means?"

"I don't know...fun?" He kind of shrugged.

"In a nutshell, it means closeness, intimacy"

"I'm confused" he looked at me with general confusion.

"You, Mathew Barzal, I believe signed us up for a couples body painting class" I half laughed sliding one of the paint containers towards him.

"Edible body paint? Oh shit" it finally hit him. "I'm so sorry" he looked at me with wide eyes.

"I think it's hilarious, this could only happen to us" I giggled pouring us each a glass of wine.

"It said it would be a class you'd never forget" he chuckled with a shake of his head.

"Well, they weren't wrong about that" I laughed.

"We can leave" he moved to get up.

"We're already here, let's at least just see what it's about. If things get weird, we'll leave"

"Deal" he tapped my glass with his as another female entered the room asking if we were ready to start.

She started some sort of video after she was met with nods by both Mat and myself.

"We found its more effective when the class is taught virtually and the only souls present are the two of yours" she smiled backing out of the room.

"Effective" both Mat and I mocked with a laugh once she was fully out of the room.

The class hadn't been anything too crazy, hands and arms mostly. That was until we were instructed to remove our shirts. For an actual couple this wouldn't be an issue, but for us it wandered into some dangerous territory for me. I loved his body, it made me weak and sometimes it was hard for me to hide that.

The instructor instructed Mat to choose the color that he thought fit me the best and paint it on one side of my neck and collar bone.

"Clever, jerk" I giggled as he picked up the blue paint with a smirk.

The next step was for me to choose the color I thought best fit him and paint it over my favorite part of his chest.

"Red?" He asked curiously.

"It's what I'm feeling for you, red" I giggled painting it over the spot where his heart lay just beneath his skin.

When the instructor then instructed Mat to lick the paint off my neck and collarbone, we both fidgeted nervously.

"You don't have to do this, we can be done" I barely managed to get out before his mouth was on my neck. I felt my breathing hitch and my hand fell against his back.

He didn't pull away until we were instructed to switch.

"This stuff is actually good" he chuckled pulling away.

"Do you mind?" I motioned to the paint on his chest.

He motioned for me to go ahead. The minute my mouth hit his skin, I never wanted to stop. My hand rested on his stomach and before I knew it his hands were in my hair.

I pulled away quickly only catching his eyes for a second before I pulled him into a rough, needing kiss.

"Did you just kiss me?" He asked breathless.

"Was that not ok?" I asked worried until a smile broke out on his face.

He pulled my lips back to his, his hand caressing my cheek.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that" he breathed giving my cheeks a few quick kisses.

"Me too, maybe we ended up in this class for a reason. I've had feelings for you for a long time"

"I've had feelings for you pretty much since I met you" he chuckled. "This class was a pleasant surprise"

"It definitely was" I ran my hands along his shoulders and down his arms, savoring the feeling of his skin. "You know what else this class was?" I smirked at him.

"Effective" we both said at the same time with a light laugh before sharing another sweet kiss.

Requested by: barzymarner55

Thanks for requesting! 🧡🤍💙🧡🤍💙