Dessert - Frederik Andersen

I sat waiting for my food

I sat waiting for my food. One of the worst things about our lunches being spread out at work was that we had to have lunch by ourselves. I hated eating by myself and even more so when I got the chance to actually go out for lunch, but nevertheless I loved being able to get away from work for a little bit.

I was fiddling with the silverware at the table when I felt the presence of someone sit down across from me.

"I'm sorry I'm running late, I couldn't find my keys this morning. You know where I actually found them?" A tall male with red hair sat across from me not even bothering to look up while he got situated. "I-" he started before he looked up and his face turned to shock. "Oh no, I'm so sorry. I thought you were...I'm sorry" he frantically stood up.

Now getting a good look at him, I definitely recognized who he was. Frederik Andersen, goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

"It's ok, where'd you find your keys?" I lightly giggled.

"They were uh...still in the lock on my door" he smiled slightly.

I tried to hold in my laughter but it was too hard to contain and busted out of me.

"You're lucky no one saw it and came right in" I managed to say when my laughter was calming down.

"Honestly I thought the same thing" he quickly said taking his seat back across from me.

"I'm Y/N" I held out a hand.

"Frederik, but people call me Freddie too" he shook my hand.

"Well what do you prefer to be called?" I looked at him curiously.

"Whatever you prefer to call me" he lightly laughed.

"Noted" I smiled. "So tell me, how did you end up leaving your keys in your door?" I asked taking a drink of my water.

"I guess I was so tired when I got home last night I didn't realize I didn't bring them in with me" he chuckled.

"Wild night?" I asked intrigued.

He didn't strike me as the type to be super wild but you never know.

"So wild" he spoke with sarcasm in his voice "I actually had a game last night. It's kind of my job"

"A game? What do you play?" I asked appearing interested.

"Hockey" he said with a bright smile.

I gave a little smirk. He looked at me curiously before he let out a light laugh.

"You knew that already didn't you?" He asked.

"Kind of" I giggled. "Was it at least a good game? I didn't get to catch it."

"It was a great game" he said with a smile.

"So what brings you here for lunch?" I asked curious as to what initially brought him to my table in the first place.