Almost

" Hi. "

Summer's POV 

I greeted Jack when I saw him. I coughed a little, my throat sore. Jack poured a glass of water and handed it to me. I thanked him and gave him a little smile.

" How are you feeling? " he asked, rather anxious as he was fidgeting.

" I guess, not quite there yet? " I answered awkwardly.

Silence filled the room and it lasted for a few minutes until Jack started telling me how everyone visited me and brought gifts as well as how I've been asleep for a while now. 

Jack was trying really hard and I could feel how sorry he was but I wasn't going to let myself give in because I knew better. There isn't a perfect time to do this but I have to do it now or I'll never stop feeling like as if I'm suffocated.

" Hey uh I think we need to pick up from where we left off the other day," I paused, gathering some courage, " I want a divorce and I don't care if you disagree, I still want it."

" B-But Summer-"

" Like I said, I want a divorce. I'm tired of your fake love, your lies and empty promises. I'm tired of loving you just like you were tired of me and loving me. I want a divorce and that's final. You didn't cherish and appreciated me then, you don't deserve me now. Actually, you never did. Thank you for ruining my life but also taught me a great and important lesson," I faked a smile.

" I-I , please Summer, don't do this. "

" Don't do what? You were the one who cheated on me. I don't blame you for falling out of love but the least you could do was be frank with me instead of giving me false hopes and cheating behind my back. Please, let's talk about the divorce at my father's office on monday," I let out a sigh, tired.

" But- " he interjected again.

" Please, " I plead.

He nodded and left soon after. Once he was out of sight, I dropped back onto the bed. I massaged my head, relieved that I stood my ground. All that's left to do is to go through the divorcing process and I'll be free from this cage.

I fell asleep soon after and what felt like a few hours of calm and peace, turned to hell.

" Summer ! " just from that scream alone I was woken up and could tell who it was.

" What are you so loud for? " I asked, eyes closed, unwilling to talk to Violet.

" Oh my goodness ! I heard that you and Jack are getting a divorce so will you finally take up on that blind date offer? " Violet enthused.

" The divorce isn't even final yet and you're already trying to set me up on a blind date oh my get out Violet! " I replied, annoyed.

" Nope, I'm staying, " Violet let out a cheeky smile or was it an evil smile? 

I gave her an ' are you being serious ' face and she mocked me back. I guess Violet stays. 

What do I have to do to get some peace and quiet around here?