Who Is She?

" It's Jack.." 

Summer's POV

" What about Jack? " my heart started beating faster. Something feels wrong.

" Claire and I were eating supper and halfway through it, we saw Jack.." Gavin took a deep breath and continued, " and he wasn't alone. "

" He was with another woman, " Gwen continued. 

" W-What? " I sat there, shocked. 

" I'm so sorry Summer, " Aria came and hugged me. 

" Are you sure it was him? " I asked, my voice soft.

It can't be him. Can it? He wouldn't do this to me. He loves me.

" I'm very certain.. we even have a picture, " Gavin confessed.

I reached out for his phone as he handed it to me, wishing that it is all a lie. That Jack wasn't with another woman.

I slowly registered the picture and tears filled my eyes. There he was. Hugging and smiling with another, while I sit here, wondering what have I done wrong. Was I not good enough? Is that why he had to find another?

The woman with him looked awfully familiar but I can't out my finger on it.

I gave Gavin back his phone. I sat there, mum. Speechless and exhausted.

So many thoughts were running through my mind. Why did he cheat on me? Where did I fall short on? Did I not give him enough affection? Am I just not good enough?

" Summer, don't worry, I'm going to kick his ass and he'll be sorry he ever went near you, " Violet spoke up.

I gave her a weak smile.

" I feel like I should file for divorce, but what about Dad's company? " I stressed.

" We can talk to Andrew about that tomorrow alright? Right now, you need to rest up and we'll be here for you, every step of the way " Claire assured me.

" Thank you, I appreciate it. I just wished I knew what I did that pushed him to go find another, " I wondered.

" You didn't do anything. Jack's a grown man, aware of what he's doing. There is no excuse for him to cheat on you. Though, it'll be good to confront him on the reasons that made him cheat on you, " Wayne said.

" We're here for you, " They all said in unison.