Hidden Feelings?

Summer's POV

" Aria, you look beautiful! " Rose and Gwen said at the same time.

" Jinx," they said at the same time, again.

I shook my head and laughed.

" Oh, I'm so happy for you," Claire said, getting all emotional.

" Hey Summer, do you have a portable?" I turned to see Jack at the door, looking all handsome in a tux.

"Woah," Jack took a double take when he met my eyes.

I chuckled and turned away, feeling my cheeks heating up.

" What do you want Jack? " I asked, controlling myself from laughing at his reaction.

" I- uh um, " 

" Portable, you asked for a portable," Gwen answered for Jack and the girls burst out laughing at Jack.

I handed him the portable and before he walked out, Jack whispered in my ear.

" You look really beautiful, " I blushed at his compliment.

I watched as he walked down the hallway, disappearing into a room.

" Oh honey," Claire pat my back, understanding my situation.

I rest my head on her shoulder and sighed. 

I looked back and watched Gwen and Aria laughing at a joke Rose had just told them. I smiled, knowing that even during my hard times, I know that I will always have them to find strength and comfort in.

Jack's POV

The organ started playing and Aria walked down the aisle, looking as lovely as always. I took a glance at Wayne and saw that he was on the verge of crying. 

I pat his back and he wiped a tear that fell. I looked behind and saw Gavin, Nick and Dylan smiling, a sense of proud in their eyes looking at Wayne.

Wayne had always been a playboy so seeing him close to tears because of a girl and getting married is something new for us to take in. I'm happy for him, and I only wish the best for my best friend.

I glanced at Summer who's watching Aria walking down the aisle with a smile on her face. A sad smile crept on my face, remembering our wedding day. I remembered how sad her eyes were despite the fact that she was smiling. 

I wish I could go back in time and fix everything. I wish I didn't break her heart. I wish I hadn't left for London. I wish that we'd actually get married on our own terms, not because we're forced to.

I took a sip from my champagne and sighed. Gavin, who's sitting beside me, gave my shoulder a small squeeze, understanding my current situation. 

" It's time for the first dance!" Gwen announced.

Aria and Wayne went on the dance floor and at the same time, Summer walked on stage.

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what she's doing up there.

" Hi everybody, I'm Summer and I'll be singing Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley,"

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you " 

Surprised was an understatement. I didn't know Summer could sing! Wow, I really don't know much about her huh?

When she was up there singing, I was instantly captivated and mesmerized. Her voice was soothing like a lullaby and sweet like honey. While she sang, I pictured the two of us in the room, dancing, her dress swaying around and only the sound of our heartbeats filling the room. 

 I saw Summer walk out of the room and I just had to go after her.

Summer's POV

" Hey, I'm gonna go to the washroom for a bit," I informed the girls.

Well, that was nerve-wracking! I'm so glad it's over though, I do still want to keep singing.

I hummed a song while heading for the washroom. Out of nowhere, a hand grabbed my wrist and the next thing I know, I was trapped in a hug.

" Hey let me go! " I fought.

" It's me, Jack," I looked up and saw Jack staring down at me intently.

I took a step back. 

" Why did you do that? " I asked, annoyed.

" I'm sorry, I just wanted to hold you in my arms," Jack scratched the back of his neck, feeling embarrassed.

I decided to head for the garden instead and could feel him following me from behind.

I settled down at the nearest bench I could find. Jack sat beside me, leaving a big gap between us.

I sighed. I felt Jack look at me.

" What are you trying to do Jack," I said, dejected.

" I-" 

" One moment you're this cold person and the next, you're suddenly this caring 'husband ' " I cut him off, "You changed a lot and I really don't know why. It's funny how I used to hate you when we first met but look at me now, all head over heels for-" my eyes went wide at the fact that I blurted out that I am still in love with Jack.

" I-I -" 

" Y-You still have feelings for me?" Jack asked,taken aback.

" N-no,maybe, I don't know," I stood up, frustrated.

Jack held me by my shoulders then stared into my eyes before moving his hands down to my waist, closing the gap between us and placing his lips on mine.

A/N 

Happy Valentine's Day!