A New Beginning?

Song recommended listening to while reading this chapter:  Magic Shop [Slowed Down ver]  - BTS

" I went up beside her and sat on the floor. I drift off to sleep while I held her hand. "

The sun poured through the windows, brightening the room. Summer and Jack stayed trapped in their respective dreamland.  

The clock ticked and ticked, a moment passing every second. Neither are seen likely to come back to reality.

Jack's hand hovered over Summer's, holding hers in a tight embrace, never wanting to let go. 

Summer stirred and she scrunched her nose due to the blinding sunlight.

Summer's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and registered the view right in front of me. It was none other than Jack. Not any ordinary Jack, but a sound asleep Jack. A small smile formed on my face as I took in his features. 

He looked so at peace sleeping but it must be painful for his back since he's sitting on the floor and is slouching. I looked over to see his hand holding mine. My heart fluttered at the very sight. 

Thoughts from last night came flooding back. He must have been really tired working till late at night at the office. I really wonder if he's eaten. 

I ran my other hand through his soft wavy hair. Jack stirred a bit and I stopped. His eyes fluttered open, meeting mine.

I stared into his brown eyes, which reminded me of hot cocoa glazed with honey instead of melted chocolate. They were mesmerizing and simply beautiful. It was like as if I fell down a rabbit hole, staring into them.

Jack's POV

I felt someone running their hands through my hair. It felt so good and I never wanted to wake up, but I did. 

My eyes instantly met with Summer's as soon as they fluttered open. 

Summer's ocean blue eyes are electrifying and intoxicating. It feels like I'm staring into the vast ocean, filled with wonder and adventure. Thrilling and exciting. 

I smiled at her and sat upright. 

" I'm sorry I didn't reply your texts or answer your calls. I was so overwhelmed with work, I accidentally fell asleep while doing them, " I quietly said the last sentenced as I was embarrassed.

Summer chuckled and assured me that it was fine. 

Summer's POV

" I've been, um,  thinking.." I started. " Ever since that day, I, well a lot have happened and I felt really overwhelmed. I took refuge with the girls for a while and I got to thinking and making sure that I um get to know what my feelings are for you. "

" I think that I want to give us a try.." I fiddled with my hands as I confessed.

He suddenly stood up and ran out of the room. I just said that I'd give him a chance and he left? 

I'm dumbfounded. 

Jack ran back in and started talking really fast and I couldn't comprehend what he was going on about so I yelled his name to snap him out.

" B-But, can we please take it slow? I'm kind of scared,"  I mumbled.

" Y-Yes! Anything! I'm just really glad that you're giving us a chance. I promise that I'll treat you right and that you won't regret it," Jack took my hands and promised.

" Oh and Jack, "

" Yeah? "

" Please don't just leave the room like that, you really scared me. I mean I literally just said I'd give us a chance and you left," 

" Oh, I'm sorry, I was just excited heh," Jack scratched the back of his neck, embarrassed.

A/N 

It's been long:) How is the story so far?