curiosity kills the cat

The door opened revealing Summer...and someone?  

Summer's POV

" Hey, come in," I invited them in.

All of us went to the living room and settled down. 

Everyone was silent. Claire looked nervous as she's playing with her fingers and biting her lips. Gwen and Rose seem to be communicating with each other through telepathy or some sort.

" Do you guys want anything to drink? " everyone looked up.

Confusion was written across everyone's faces. 

" Oh, right, guys meet Violet. She's my cousin," I walked to Violet's side as she awkwardly asked everyone if they wanted drinks. 

I then introduced my friends to Violet. I told Violet to get to know my friends while I prepare the drinks instead.

I came back to the living room to find both my friends and cousin laughing and chatting away. I smiled at the view.

" What was so funny that Claire started snorting? " I asked, at the same time cracking up at the sight of Claire snorting. 

" I told them about that one incident at the amusement park you, Andrew and I visited back then," Violet answered, laughing.

" Oh, that incident," I laughed, recalling the incident.

Andrew, Violet and I visited an amusement park after we ran away from a party my dad held. We didn't understand why we had to sit through such an excruciatingly and painfully boring party where everyone is either dressed like Humpty dumpty or dad when he's off to work. 

So Violet, being the adventurous person she is, suggested we run off to a nearby carnival just a few blocks away. Apparently, she had been wanting to go there but her friends were all too busy. Andrew who was the oldest in our trio, disagreed as he was scared to create trouble. Meanwhile, I was stuck in the middle and being the youngest, only followed what they did. After many reasons as to why we should leave the party given by Violet, Andrew finally gave in. 

The three of us snuck out through the back door. It wasn't an easy task as the kitchen was full of servers and cooks so we had to manoeuvre our way swiftly and precisely to avoid being caught. It was an advantage for me as I was shorter than the rest of them. Andrew, however, had to keep crawling to make it out. 

As we reached the carnival, all of us decided on riding the ferris wheel. Violet and I took quite some time settling down in the booth as we were wearing those puffy princess dresses. Andrew, on the other hand, was hesitant to get on the ride but Violet dragged him. Andrew clutched onto the handle the entire time and seems like he just found out he's scared of heights. 

We went on a fast-paced ride and that was when Andrew lost it. We told him he could wait for us instead of going on the ride as it's a rollercoaster ride and he's scared of heights. Andrew being the best brother he is, followed us. The whole ride consisted of him screaming and when we got down from the ride, Andrew ran to the nearest bush and started vomiting. Unfortunately, that was not the only thing he did. He also peed his pants. We laugh about it now and I appreciate how much of a great brother Andrew is.

" So, what's up? What brought you guys here? " I asked, confused.

" We have something to tell you," Gwen answered.

" Well...what is it? " Curiosity eating me up.

" It's Jack.."