Messed Up

Jack's POV

" Hey man," Wayne greeted as he entered my office.

As if on cue, Nick, Dylan and Gavin walked in following behind Wayne.

" What the hell? Do you guys not have jobs to do? " I asked.

" It's lunch break idiot," Gavin said.

" I don't think my office look like a restaurant," I turned my attention back on the pile of papers I was looking through before my friends decided to barge in my office.

" Come on man, let's eat together. It's been long," Dylan said.

" I can't. I'm busy. Sorry, maybe - " I trailed off as I typed furiously on my laptop.

" Maybe? Wha, never? " Wayne said, annoyed.

" Uh tomorrow," I said, still typing away.

It got quiet so I figured they must have left. I turned my chair around and looked out the window. I can't stop thinking about Summer.

" Argh, where are you Summer! " I yelled, exasperated.

I turned back to my table and froze.

" W-What the hell are you guys still doing here? I thought you left! " I said, flustered.

" Someone's missing his wife~ " Wayne teased, in a sing-song voice.

I rolled my eyes as Dylan, Nick and Gavin erupted in laughter.

" I have a question," Dylan said, gathering our attention," If you love Summer, why are you still sleeping with other women? "

" Dylan has a point," Gavin joined in.

" I, I don't know. I'm messed up," I sighed.

" Yeah, no shit. Remember that night you went to the club, three years ago?  You were so drunk you made out with someone who sort of looked like Summer," Nick said.

" I'm unsure of my feelings. I mean I like Summer back in high school and I still could not forget her after that. I didn't even text her at all after I left because I thought she should move on. She deserves better. And then this whole arranged marriage thing came about and I thought that if I sleep with other women, maybe just maybe, I would forget about Summer and she'd move on, find someone and later ask for a divorce," I ranted.

" But you don't want her to find someone else, do you?" Dylan asked.

" No, but she should. I'm not worthy of her. Plus, she probably does not like me. After whatever stunt I pulled," I sighed.

" Your heart's in the right place but your dick sure wasn't," Wayne patted my back and shook his head.

I rolled my eyes.

" Why don't you start fresh with Summer? " Gavin suggested.

I raised my eyebrow.

" You know, stop your playboy ways and tell her you want to take her out on a date. Tell her you want to try and make this marriage work," Gavin explained.

He has a point. I obviously have to ask Summer for forgiveness first after treating her badly. Plus, I don't think we're able to get out of this marriage right now.

" Wow, Gavin you're- "

" Smart? Handsome? I know," Gavin cut me off.

I rolled my eyes as Gavin laughed.

" Now can we please go and get lunch? I'm starving !" Nick whined.

Summer's POV

" Hey guys, we gotta go try the dress on next Wednesday," Aria reminded.

Oh gosh, that slipped my mind. I forgot about the wedding.

" Oh, and can any of you guys sing? I was hoping for someone to sing a song for the first dance," Aria added.

" Not me," Claire said.

" But we know who can," Gwen and Rose said in sync.

" Oh yeah! Summer can sing," Claire enthused.

All eyes focused on me and I started shaking my head.

" I can't and plus even if I could,"

" You totally can sing," Gwen interrupted.

" Yeah but I'm too shy so pass. I'm sorry Aria," I reject.

" Aw, Summer, please? For me? For your friend Wayne? " Aria persuaded.

" Yeah Summer, please~ " the twins whined.

Claire chuckled and we exchanged looks. Well, it seems like I can't back out on this one huh?

" Oh alright, I'll sing. But, only one song," I said.

" Hey beggars can't be choosers," Aria said. " Thank you, Summer," she added.

We enjoyed the next two days filled with jumping into the pool from the balcony while sipping on our chardonnays'.

Jack's POV ( during lunch )

I checked my phone for any missed calls or texts from Summer but I got none.

" Dude cheer up. She's probably having fun with Claire and the girls," Gavin cheered me up.

Yeah she's probably- Wait what?

" She's been with the girls all this while? " I asked.

" Yeah, you didn't know? " Wayne answered, stuffing his mouth with food.

" If I knew I wouldn't have asked you twat," I replied, annoyed.

Wayne chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

" You better have a plan on how to get Summer and it better be big since she isn't even willing to tell you anything," Nick said.

" I'll brainstorm later. Let's eat first," I said.