21

tzuyu

areum's graduation day arrived so fast. we're already in the car and we're just waiting for the go signal to glow. since we need to wait a little bit longer, i stared at her.

she's wearing a long white dress, it is covered by her toga and her hair is in a high ponytail and is covered also by her toga hat, i put some light make up on her face also and.

she's not that happy. i know why. "baby, can you smile please? it's your graduation." i told her, as i was now busy driving.

"appa's not here so i'm not gonna smile." oh areum, if you just know. he is waiting for you there. my baby has forgotten that her appa is the owner of the school she is studying at.

"we're going to videocall him remember." i said. jungkook lied to her that he needs to go home for important matters.

"i know eomma but i missed appa so i wanted him to be with us when i graduated." she answered. gosh baby, your appa is there! i wanted to tell you about our secret but i couldn't. "you're the valedictorian of your school's batch so please smile, baby. i do not want you fake smile okay."

"but eomma, how can i do it?" she asked. i parked the car first before answering her question. "imagine that your appa is with us, baby."

"i can't."

"yes you can, areum." i looked at my watch. "it's time baby, let's go out."

as we entered the school, she's still not smiling. aww, baby, your appa is here, stop doing that and show me your genuine smile.

"areum!" someone called her name. a little girl ran to us. "oh! you must be areum's mom! hello! i am franca! i am areum's bestest friend!" she cheerfully said. i smiled. "hello there franca."

"why is areum not smiling?" she asked. "her appa is not with us so she's like this."

"aww, smile areumie! you're the valedictorian so you need to smile, okay?!"

"yeah okay." she answered. "franca."

someone walked to us, i'm guessing it's franca's mother. "mommy! she's areum! my friend whom i always talk about! and here's her mother!"

"sorry for my daughter's behavior, she's really like that." she apologized. "anyways, i'm francia."

"i'm tzuyu, it's nice to meet you and i'm really thankful that areum found a friend here."

"i also heard the news when their classmates pushed her to the point she had an asthma attack." she said.

a small smile formed in areum's lips as franca made a funny face. "they get along so well."

"yeah, and i also heard that her dad is the owner of this school."

"yeah, he is." i answered. "so where is he?"

"he's here, areum does not know about this since we both kept is as a secret to her. she's the valedictorian and her father will surprise her at the stage as she accept her medal."

"hmm, i think areum will cry."

"i hope so." and we laughed together. someone announce to us that the ceremony will start in 10 minutes. we called the two girls and fix their clothes.

"you can do it, baby." i said and kissed her cheek. she smiled a little and nodded. someone walked to us and guide to the line where we are supposed to stand.

we are now walking inside the quadrangle of the school when we heard the someone shouted. "CONGRATS OUR AREUM!!"

the unnies and the oppas shouted. every attention of the parents and the childrens were now on them. "CONGRATS OUR BABY!!"