Chapter 33

Vince was in the verandah of his posh condo unit, staring into the darkness as he drank his glass of brandy. It was already his fifth glass, but he still wanted more.

Hindi pa malalim ang gabi. Siguro ay mga alas-diyes pa lamang. But he was already drowning his spirit under the influence of liquor. He had to. Ginagawa niya ito gabi-gabi para makatulog siya. Ang dami-dami kasing tumatakbo sa kanyang isipan kaya nahihirapan siyang makatulog. Pero higit sa lahat, naiisip niya si Diadem. The witch was still MIA. It had already been two weeks since she disappeared in GOC and she hadn't returned yet. And as days passed by that she wasn't around, he became more agitated and pissed.

Ang dahilan kung bakit nasa GOC siya ay wala roon. He didn't know where the hell was Diadem or what had been the reason why she was on leave. The people whom he asked about her whereabouts couldn't give him information. Parang sinasadya ng mga itong huwag ipaalam sa kanya ang gusto niyang malaman. And suddenly, life wasn't exciting to him anymore. It became like a routine. And it bored the hell out of him. Nami-miss na niya ang bangayan nila ni Diadem. Everytime they clash, it could really envigorate his blood. Hindi niya alam pero nagbibigay iyon ng kakaibang excitement sa kanya. Siguro ay dahil nacha-challenge siya. O 'di kaya ay dahil nakakaganti na siya sa mga ginawa nito noon sa kanyang Nanay Winona. Ang tagal niyang hinintay ang pagkakataong ito. At ngayong naisagawa na niya ang mga plano ay hindi niya maiwasang makadama ng fulfillment. Nagtatagumpay na siya. At malapit na niyang madurog ang walang pusong babaeng nagpahirap kay Winona. But his victory seemed bland now that Diadem hid in her secluded burrow. Wala rin siyang naging balita kay Rohan. Nagtanan na ba ang dalawa? Shit! He winced inwardly. He could feel a knife slashed him in the chest. Galit siya sa naisip. He was so furious that he killed Rohan in his mind. Sa bugso ng damdamin ay naibato niya sa pader ang hawak na baso. Lumikha iyon ng tunog bago nadurog. Bits of broken glass splintered on the floor.

Damn! He had to contact his maid to go back and clean his unit tomorrow. Kakalinis lang nito sa condo unit niya kaninang umaga. The maid was scheduled to clean his unit thrice a week. Sa makalawa pa ito babalik pero kailangan niya itong pabalikin bukas. All because he messed up his place. He breathed deeply as he calmed his raging emotions. If Diadem was silently gnawing her claws on him by making him miserable with her absence, she was dead wrong. He knew how to make a rat come out of her burrow. He had dropped a bomb a while ago. All he had to do now was to sit back and relax. Diadem would come to him any moment from now. That, he was sure of.

He was fuming on the verandah when he heard the doorbell rang. He didn't bother to put on a shirt. Nakasuot lamang siya ng boxer shorts at hubad-baro. He vacated the verandah and slid to his room. Dire-diretso siya sa main door ng kanyang condo unit. Sino ang kanyang bisita? The thought that it might be Natalie elicited a vile liquid in his throat. He hadn't invited her and he didn't like to see her tonight. Pero nagulat siya nang makita kung sino ang babaeng nakatayo sa harapan ng pinto nang buksan niya iyon. Bigla yatang nabuhay ang kanyang dugo. His heart excitedly pounded hard against his chest as it pushed his blood to circulate faster in his veins.

His mouth twisted in a pleased smile. Ang taong hinihintay niyang magpakita ay nasa harapan na niya ngayon. He was damned right. Sa ginawa niya ay hindi ito makakatiis at makikipagtuos sa kanya. Lumagpak lang naman ang stock value ng GOC dahil sa kapalpakang ginawa niya. At hindi iyon palalampasin ni Diadem. But he couldn't see anger as she looked at him. Her eyes were hollow and tired. Even if, she still possess the beauty that could easily make him pant. She always had this effect on him.

"Diadem..." he whispered her name with a hint of surprise and excitement in his voice.

"Can I come in?" Her voice was cold but steady.

"Of course!" Drat him, but he felt as if he was a tensed teenager who was just visited by his crush in his place!

Niluwangan niya ang pagkakabukas ng pinto. Pumasok ito. He felt his fingers shake as he shut the door. Nasa loob ng condo unit niya ang babae. At silang dalawa lamang ang magkasama. The thought suddenly made the place turn humid. Humagod ang paningin niya sa babae. Diadem was wearing a casual, black dress. Hapit sa katawan nito ang pang-itaas na bahagi ng damit. It gave an alluring silhouette of her delectable chest. The fabric draped perfectly around her narrow waist and flowed to emphasize her wide hips. The skirt was two inches above the knee, giving him a tantalizing view of her smooth legs. His body suddenly reacted to the mesmerizing sight. He groaned silently as he felt himself stir. Now what?

Humarap si Diadem sa kanya. "I'm here to talk to you, Vince," seryosong wika nito sa kanya.

Just as what he had expected. He smirked at her. He took strides towards her until their faces leveled. "Talk? What kind of talk do you want, Diadem?" he whispered silkily as his eyes roamed around her lovely face, his heart beating fast in anticipation.