Chapter 15 continuation...

Know your enemy... that was what Diadem believed in. Kaya nga kumuha pa siya ng serbisyo ng isang detective para paimbestigahan ang mga kaaway niya. At hindi basta-bastang detective lamang ang kanyang kinuha. She had the best in town.

Roshelle contacted the best security and detective agency in the country na pag-aari ni Brad Hampton - an ex-SEAL Filam who became a sensational historian. She didn't really know the man, but one time, he was featured on tv and newspapers. He had just made a headline along with an FBI agent for uncovering a significant artifact in history.

She didn't know that Brad also had a reliable security and detective agency until Roshelle told her so. And in a matter of two days, the report that she needed arrived in her office. Maaasahan talaga niya ang personal secretary/assistant niya. Napaka-efficient at dependable nito sa trabaho.

Mataman niyang pinagmasdan ang makapal na envelop na nakapatong sa kanyang mesa. Naglalaman iyon ng mga impormasyong nakalap tungkol kay Vince at Winona.

Her hand was steady when she opened the envelope. Ang files ni Vince ang unang inusisa niya. He had a very short bio and she scanned it with her hard eyes. Her expression was serious.

Name: Vince Larida Boulos

Age: 31 yrs old

Occupation: Licensed Civil Engineer/Busineman

Owner: VB Construction, Infinity Oil

Net Worth: $18 Billion

Her eyes popped when she saw the staggering figures. Hindi siya makapaniwala sa nakita. Ilang beses niyang pinasadahan ng tingin ang nakalagay na net worth ng lalaki pero hindi nagbago iyon.

Eighteen billion dollars? What the heck! The amount was fucking huge! Her combined net worth was just a dent to his. The man was rich, as in filthy rich! At mas mayaman pa ito nang milya-milya kumpara sa kanya!

Pinagpawisan tuloy siya nang malapot sa natuklasan. So her mortal enemy was richer than her. At hindi lamang iyon. Kalaban din niya ito sa negosyo. He owned Infinity Oil, ang mahigpit na kakumpetensiya ng Global Oil sa bansa. Though Global Oil leads the market in the Philippines, Infinity Oil, on the other hand had wider reach. It was a giant, international company. At mahirap iyong banggain.

Sumasal ang tibok ng puso niya sa kaba. Hindi yata niya matanggap ang nalamang impormasyon. She wasn't expecting that Vince was such a big wig and that he was the owner of Infinity Oil. He was more or less, the richest bachelor in the Philippines. Mas mayaman pa ito kumpara kay Rohan!

Why didn't she hear of him? Siguro nga ay kasali ito sa report ni Roshelle noon pero nakuha na ni Rohan ang kanyang atensiyon kaya hindi na niya ito pinatapos. And she suffered the consequences now. Kung sana ay nakilala niya ito noon pa man, maybe she wouldn't be blindsided at all. Maybe Roshelle would show her his personal information and she would know his connection with Winona. Maybe. But she doubt if Vince personal intimate information would be readily available.

Bigla tuloy sumakit ang ulo niya. Sa lagay kasi ay mukhang tagilid siya kumpara kay Vince. He had more money, power and influence than her. She couldn't match him in those aspects.

Papaano niya malalabanan ang isang katulad nito? Well, she had to find a way! So Vince had the money. She was quite so sure now that he wasn't after the money that was why he was running after her. So it could be revenge? Her chest constricted at the thought. It didn't need rocket science for her to realize that. It was all clear to her now. He was out to seek revenge from her. But she wouldn't allow that to happen. Lalabanan niya ito - sila ni Winona, katulad nang ginawa niya noon.

She would find a way to retaliate. Surely, Vince and Winona had Achilles heels, too, that she could take advantage of. Iyon ang dapat niyang alamin.