Chapter 43 Continuation...

The discovery that Diadem was pregnant and that she was carrying their child made him feel helpless as ever.

Sa kabila nang panggigipuspos niya ay nandoon ang kasiyahan na magiging isa na siyang ama, na may isang anghel na nabuo sa pagitan nila ni Diadem. Yet there was enormous fear and worry, too. Dalawang buhay na kasi ngayon ang nalalagay sa bingit ng panganib.

The doctor explained to him that Diadem's pregnancy was at risk, that they didn't know yet if the few weeks old baby had been affected by the pills that she took or hadn't. Though the doctors already squeezed out whatever remaining sleeping pills that they could take off her stomach, they had no means to assess its effect to her pregnancy. Isang bagay lamang ang natitiyak ng mga doctor, na malakas ang kapit ng bata dahil hindi nakunan si Diadem.

More or less, she didn't know yet that she was pregnant. Their baby was just a few weeks old. Siguro kung alam nito na buntis ito, hindi siguro ito nag-attempt na magpakamatay. Siguro kung itinago na lamang niya nang tuluyan ang nakaraan nito, siguro wala sila sa ganitong sitwasyon ngayon. Siguro... siguro... God, he would die suffering from the pains of maybe and what if!

Sunod-sunod siyang napabuga ng hangin. Ang hirap-hirap ng kanyang sitwasyon sa ngayon. Hindi na niya alam kung ano ang gagawin. Tatlong araw na ang nakalipas, and Diadem was still in coma. Habang lumilipas ang mga araw, pakiramdam niya ay parang nasa bingit na rin siya ng kamatayan. He was clinging in a tiny spring of hope, to a silver linings that everything would be okay, afterall. If worse comes to worst, it would be his end, too. Surely, his world would stop spinning should he lost the two most important people in his life - Diadem and their still unborn child. He squeezed her hand. Ni ayaw na nga yata niyang pakawalan ang kamay nito. He wanted to hold her until she finally opened her eyes. That was the only way that he could make her feel that she wasn't alone, that he was there for her, and that he needed her in his life.

"Diadem..." Namamalat na ang boses niya. "Please gumising ka na o. Hindi ko kayang mawala ka sa akin. I need you... Our baby needs you." Ilang beses na nga ba niyang kinausap ito?

The doctors advised him that he should talk often to the patient. That was what he was actually doing. He was talking to her all the time. And he was talking to her now. "I love you..." his chest expanded at the intensity of his words. "I love you so much that I couldn't live without you anymore. Hindi ko alam kung kailan kita minahal pero mahal na mahal na kita. I want you to know that and remember it forever." Mas lalong humigpit ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay nito. He lovingly stared at her. Despite her situation, she was still the most beautiful woman in his eyes. She could still take his breath away.

He sighed. "Don't you know that I am smiling like a fool now as I remember our good times in Temptress Resort?" Despite the tears that spilled from his eyes, his lips curved in a smile. "Doon nagsimula ang lahat, hindi ba? You were a walking goddess when I spotted you on the beach. You looked so fine that even the magnificent white sand couldn't compete to your mesmerizing beauty. I guess I fell in love with you that very moment..." He shook his head tenderly, squeezing her hand with so much love. "And look at me now. I have totally fallen in love with you that you became my air and sunshine. You're my life now, sweetheart. You and our baby. Yes, you're pregnant with our child. I guess, I haven't been firing blanks at all, eh?"

He smiled like a fool, but telling her his deepest thoughts was heart warming. He would do this more often when she wakes up. Hindi siya kailanman mahihiya na sabihin kay Diadem ang nararamdaman niya. He would tell her and show her how he loved her so much.

"You just don't know how happy I am that you've conceived. A baby is a gift. You're a mother now, sweetheart. You're carrying our baby in your womb. So please... please wake up now. Kailangan kita. Kailangan ka ng baby natin..." Pinahid niya ang luhang naglandasan sa kanyang pisngi. He had never cried a river of tears until now. He just wiped his tears when he heard an odd sound coming from the medical apparatus that monitored Diadem's lifeline. And he knew what it meant. "Diadem!" He stood up in panic. "Nurse! Nurse!" he yelled as he asked for help. He pressed the buzzer that would call the attention of the nurses.

Ilang segundo lamang ang lumipas at humahangos na pumasok ang mga nurse at doktor. Narinig din ng mga ito ang naririnig niya. Kaagad na dinaluhan ng mga ito ang pasyente.

"Si Diadem!" he yelped in helplessness. "Please, help her! I'm begging!"

"Sir sa labas po muna kayo," may isang nurse na lumapit sa kanya at inakay siya palabas. He resisted. He didn't want to leave Diadem. He wanted to be by her side. "Please po, sir, sa labas muna kayo. Kami na po ang bahala sa pasyente."

"Please save her, nurse. Nagmamakaawa ako. Please..." pagsusumamo niya habang inaakay siya nito palabas. Nanghihina siya at nanginginig sa takot ang kanyang buong katawan.

"We'll do our best to save her, sir."

Hindi niya alam kung ano ang gagawin nang maiwan siya sa labas at tuluyan nang isinara ng nurse ang pinto. God! He was dying, too! He screamed an agonizing cry as his knees folded. He was a picture of a soldier who had just lost in a battle. And he stopped breathing for a moment.