Chapter 23

Para siyang pupunta sa giyera nang sumugod siya sa opisina ni Rohan. He was just so glad that the bastard was there and was not tailing behind the ass of his new fiancee. Lihim siyang napamura sa naisip. He found the thought repulsive.

"Vince!" si Rohan na animo ay nagulat nang makita siyang pumasok sa loob ng opisina nito.

The door made a loud sound when he closed it. He rushed to him like an angry soldier ready to blast his gun anytime. He threw the newspaper on his table. "Ano ang ibig sabihin niyan, Rohan?" singhal niya sa lalaki.

Sandaling hindi nakahuma si Rohan. Mukhang hindi nito inaasahan ang kanyang reaksiyon. He had a temper, alright, but it was the first time that he acted like this in front of his friend.

Tiningnan nito ang diyaryo. Nakita nito ang sariling litrato sa newspaper.

"What is the meaning of that?" galit na ulit niya.

"This?" Itinuro nito ang artikulo sa newspaper.

"Yes, that's it!" he snapped at Rohan.

"Well," Rohan uncaringly shrugged his shoulders. "Malinaw naman na nakasulat diyan, Vince, na engaged na kami ni Diadem."

Mas lalo lamang na dinagdagan nito ang kanyang galit dahil sa ipinakitang reaksiyon. He seemed as if he didn't care that he wanted to erupt like a volcano now.

"I'm marrying Diadem, Vince," Rohan said loud and clear.

"No!" He bent his back and shoved his fist on the table. "You can't do that, Rohan." He looked at his friend with disgust in his eyes.

"At bakit hindi?" tila napapantastikuhang wika nito. "I like Diadem. She likes me. We like each other and we're getting married."

Muli na naman siyang napapukpok sa mesa. "Over my dead body!" he hissed.

Napasandal sa swivel chair nito si Rohan at sinalubong ang nagngangalit na titig niya. Nanatili itong kampante.

"Stay out of trouble, Rohan," mahinang babala niya sa lalaki. "Do not meddle between me and Diadem. We'll gonna be enemies if you do that."

Rohan turned serious. "Bakit ayaw mong magpakasal kami ni Diadem, huh, Vince?"

"She's my business so you better stay the hell out of us. Leave her alone!"

"You are hurting the woman that I wanted to marry, Vince," Rohan uttered seriously. "I can't just let you hurt her. Pabayaan mo na lang siya sa akin. Aalagaan ko siya."

"No!" Kung hindi lang niya naagapan ang kanyang sarili ay baka inabot na niya si Rohan at inundayan ito ng suntok. "Diadem is mine. No one can get to her until I'm done with her. She's my personal business. Do you understand that, huh, Rohan?"

"I understand that you two have some serious matters that you have to deal with, Vince. But you can't stop me from marrying her either."

"Why do you do this, Rohan?" frustrated na tanong niya. They were friends, for fuck's sake! But he was betraying him now. "Why do you meddle with my personal affairs?"

"You meddled with my personal affairs, too, before, Vince," malamig na sagot nito habang tila yelong tiningnan siya.

"So that's it?" Mas lalong naging matalim ang titig niya sa lalaki. "Gumaganti ka sa akin ngayon?"

Rohan shrugged his shoulders. "It's not really like that, Vince. Nagkataon lang talaga na ang babaeng gusto mong saktan ay ang babaeng gusto kong pakasalan. Come on! What happened between Winona and Diadem was already years ago. Nagkasakitan na. Nagkagantihan. You have already hurt her. What else do you want? Can't you just forget everything and move on?"

"Hell no, Rohan!" galit na galit na sinipa niya ang mesa nito. Napaatras ang lalaki. "Hindi pa kami tapos ng babaeng iyon! Hindi ko pa naipaghihiganti ang pagkamatay ni Nanay Winona. Hindi pa sapat ang pagdurusa ni Diadem!"

"She already regretted what she did before, Vince. Hindi mo rin naman masisisi si Diadem. She was hurt, too. She had been a victim of the circumstances as well."

Napamura siya. "Walang ibang naging biktima rito kundi ang Nanay Winona. That bitch needed to bleed so she would learn her lesson. What she did was totally horrible, Rohan. You just don't know the extent!"

Ilang minuto silang nagtitigan ni Rohan habang tinantiya nila ang isa't-isa. "I'm telling you this, Rohan," he said in his coldest tone, "stay out of trouble or else you'll gonna regret this."

Napailing si Rohan. "I'm really so sorry, Vince, but I have made a decision already. I'm marrying Diadem whether you like it or not."

"At paano si Jace?"

A flicker of emotion crossed Rohan's eyes. "I don't care about Jace anymore, Vince," malamig na sagot nito. "We're already done three years ago when she dumped me," mapait na wika nito. "Si Diadem na ang kasalukuyan ko sa ngayon. I like her a lot. Walang arte sa katawan. Prangka and straight forward. I don't have to decode everything just to know what's going on. Business-minded as always. I won't have a hard time dealing with her. That's the kind of person I wana marry and I'm marrying her. Jace could just rot to hell. I'm sure she doesn't care a bit about me anymore, too."

"What if she still does?"

"After she disappeared for three freaking years?" Mariing napailing si Rohan.

"What if she'll come back, Rohan?" He looked at his reaction carefully.

Natawa nang pagak si Rohan. "You're just ruining my focus, Vince. Jace is out of my life anymore, okay? Diadem and I are engaged now. And we're marrying the soonest time possible. Oh, and one more thing. We'll have our formal engagement party tomorrow night at The Grand Alcove Hotel. You're invited so feel free to come."

"I'll surely ruin your engagement party, Rohan. Mark my words." Nanginginig na yata ang kanyang mga kamay habang mariing nakakuyom. Rohan wasn't listening to him so he needed to find a way to stop this mess. He sure would ruin the engagement party in any way he could.

"I'll make sure to have a hundred security personnel to watch over you, Vince. It's my formal engagement party and I won't allow anyone to ruin it." Rohan sounded cool when he said that.

He just smirked at his friend. "Well, you wait and see, Rohan." Iyon lang at tinalikuran na niya ito. Walang kaabog-abog na nilisan niya ang opisina ng lalaki.