Chapter 36

Vince sat on a stool in the corner of his room, his eyes were fixed to the magnificent female body that was peacefully sleeping in his bed.

Kanina pa siya gising at tahimik lamang na pinagmamasdan si Diadem. He was memorizing every details of her splendid beauty - from the lovely contour of her face, to the shiny tendrils of her hair. The scintillating silhouete of her body under the blanket reminded him of how she made him feel last night.

He surely had a blast. The moment was trully unforgettable and after last night, he was certain that it wouldn't be the last. He would go out of his mind if it wouldn't happen again.

She had made a bargain with him last night and she succeeded in getting what she wanted. He had been a fool, alright, for letting his dick decide over his brain, but he was a man with a word of honor. Nakipagkasundo siya kay Diadem at tutuparin niya iyon. But he had to do his own bargaining as well. He had come to a point where he realized that he needed her in his life.

Magmula nang dumating sa buhay niya si Diadem ay nagkaroon ng kakaibang kulay ang paligid niya.

Suddenly, things became exciting and all but never a boring routine. Muling nabuhay ang dugo sa bawat himaymay ng kanyang laman. He could feel his blood pulsing with just her mere presence. And as much as he hated her for what she did to Winona, he wanted her so badly, too. It was as if she became a vital part of his life.

And he just didn't want her, he loved her actually. No matter how hard he tried to deny the feelings he had for her, no matter how hard he hid it under the guise of hatred, it bloomed against his wishes.

And Diadem had successfully pulled it out from him, his feelings were now out in the open. Malalim siyang napabuntong-hininga.

Pakiramdam niya ay bigla siyang naging hubad buong buhay niya. His soul was now stripped in its most basic form and was now poking at him. May iniuungot iyon sa kanya. At hindi niya kayang labanan iyon. Not after tonight.

He could't deny anymore that Diadem had successfully erased the pain and bitterness in his heart. He just wanted closure now. Kung anuman ang nagawa nito kay Winona ay nakahanda na siyang patawarin ito. Hindi naman siguro magagalit ang Nanay Winona niya kung nasaan man ito sa ngayon.

Winona was the most loving and forgiving person he had ever knew. More or less, he knew that Winona was disappointed with him right now.

Pero lubos siyang nabulag ng galit at napuno nang paghihiganti ang kanyang damdamin sa loob nang mahabang panahon. May mga bagay kasi siyang hindi matanggap. Hindi niya kayang tanggapin ang nangyari sa nag-iisang taong ibinigay ang buong buhay maalagaan lamang siya. Hindi niya matanggap ang naging kapalaran ni Winona mula sa mga kamay ni Diadem. Of all people, why her?

Pero tuluyan nang nalusaw ni Diadem ang galit sa kanyang puso. She had replaced it with something that was hard for him to digest at first. Ngunit naghuhumiyaw na ang damdaming iyon sa ngayon. At nakahanda na siyang aminin iyon. His heart was yearning for Diadem. And the thought that she would be away from him scared him bigtime.

Nakagawa na siya ng desisyon. He would let her stay in his life. Hindi na niya hahayaang mawalay pa ito sa kanya. She wouldn't marry anyone else but him. Kailangan nilang mag-usap. Kailangan nilang magkalinawan. Kailangan nitong malaman na mahal na mahal niya ito.

He felt a strange emotion washed through him. Pero ngayong nagawa na niyang aminin sa kanyang sarili ang tunay na damdamin para kay Diadem, pakiramdam niya ay gumaan ang kanyang dibdib. It was as if a boulder of rock was pushed away from his chest.

Mag-uumpisa sila nang panibagong buhay ni Diadem. And for the first time in his life, he envisioned an image of a happy family - him, Diadem and their children. And he could never be pleased with the thought.

Gumalaw ito sa kama. Mula sa pagkakatagilid ay napatihaya ito. The blanket that draped around her chest fell to her waist, exposing her delectable chest that looked reddish and swollen from their last night's passionate rendezvous.

They made love insatiably last night as they tried every possible position that they could come up with. If Diadem wasn't in-charge of the deed, he was. They were actually alternately taking turns. And it was mindblowing.

At naiintindihan niya ang sarili kung bakit hindi na siya mabubuhay pa na wala ang babae sa kanyang tabi pagkatapos nang pinagsaluhan nila kagabi. Just the mere sight of her, magnificently spread in his bed like a living goddess, made him throb in violent frenzy. Excited na namang rumagasa ang dugo niya sa kanyang buong pagkatao habang mainit na nananalaytay sa bawat himaymay ng kanyang mga ugat.

Just when he thought that he already had a fill of her, he was pulsating again in intense hunger and need. Ah... this was just one of the things that Diadem could do to him.

He was about to strip his new set of boxer shorts and join her in the bed when she moaned and opened her eyes. Bigla itong napabangon sa kama at sinaklit ang kumot upang takpan ang kahubaran nito.

Pinagmasdan lamang niya ang babae habang nanunuyo ang kanyang lalamunan. Bumaba ito sa kama at pinulot ang mga damit sa paligid. Nagbihis ito sa kanyang harapan. It took her only a few moments before she stood fully dressed in front of him.

"We're done, Vince," wika nito sa malamig na tinig.

And panic suddenly attacked him when he realized that she was leaving. Hindi ito puwedeng umalis nang hindi sila nakakapag-usap nang masinsinan! Pero mukhang hinahalukay yata ang kanyang sikmura habang malakas na kumakabog ang kanyang dibdib. Saan siya magsisimula? Tumalikod ito at naglakad patungo sa pintuan.

She held the doorknob when he finally found his voice. "Wouldn't you ask why I was so angry with you?" he asked in a shaky voice, but he looked calm.

She stilled her hand. He saw how her lungs expanded. Pagkatapos ay nilingon siya nito. Her face was devoid of emotion when she faced him. "Of course, I know," she said as if stating a fact. "Ang lahat ng ito ay dahil kay Winona. Dahil sinaktan ko siya noon pagkatapos niyang wasakin ang aking pamilya at agawin ang aking ama. I don't need to be reminded, Vince." Her lips pursed hard.

He shook his head. It was just the tip of the iceberg. Clearly, Diadem didn't know everything. "You don't know her well."

"Of course, I do!" she answered with a hint of sarcasm. "I knew Winona very well, Vince. She's just a homewrecker and a bloody opportunist!" She couldn't hide the rage in her voice anymore.

Parang piniga ang kanyang puso sa narinig. Diadem was accusing Winona of the things that the latter couldn't ever do. "You have no idea what really happened, Diadem." He hated to tell her the truth, but she must know. Ngayon at higit kailanman ay dapat malaman na nito ang totoo. "Winona wasn't a homewrecker nor an opportunist just like you thought she was." Mariin siyang napailing.

Her calm demeanor totally evaporated. She approached him with squinting eyes, with raging hatred that he wished he could eradicate from her.

"Stop defending your foster mother to me, Vince!" she spat at him. "Winona ruined my family. You just don't know how I suffered through the years. And I wouldn't ever regret what I did to her in the past! You can't blame me! Blame Winona! Siya ang dahilan ng lahat ng ito!"

Despite of Diadem slandering Winona's memories, he couldn't get angry with her anymore. Dahil kagaya ni Winona ay biktima rin ito. She was fed with lies all her life. "Listen to me," he heaved a sigh. "That woman whom you just called a homewrecker and an opportunist was your real mother, Diadem." He couldn't find any appropriate words to say than to spill the chilling truth right in front of her face.

Malakas itong napasinghap. Hindi makapaniwala sa narinig. Nawalan ng kulay ang mukha nito at shocked na napatitig sa kanya. Pero maya-maya ay mas lalong naging mabalasik ang pagmumukha nito.

"Lies!" she scoffed at him, her eyes were shooting him with daggers.

He held her eyes for a moment. And he could't help but sigh. "I'm afraid but it's the truth, Diadem. A truth that was kept from you all through these years. Winona was your real mother. You were just taken away from her..."

His haunting words created a web of terror in her eyes. And he hated himself right now for breaking the truth to her about her true identity. But secrets and lies could never be kept forever.