Chapter 33- It goes down

Tuesday. 1:04pm

                 Maddie River P.O.V

"You have to come" Mom said going down the stairs.

"Mom. I don't want to, I'd rather just stay in with Steph and Rose and Damon". I complained following her down the stairs.

" You're supposed to come support me okay?". She was making for the door now.

"Mom-" she cut me short by wiping around and placing her hands on my shoulder.

"Honey I hardly make you do things, but this is really important, I mean its the company's big celebration, how can you not come? How can you not be in it?".

Now she made me feel so guilty. Like I was an awful daughter.

" Just this Saturday. You've got time to tell you're mind to let you do this while I go shopping for you".

"You don't even know what I want?"

"Trust me, I'm getting a lot of dresses, just say yes". She shook me a little causing me to laugh.

" Fine mum".

She pulled me into a quick and thight hug before pulling away "I'm going to pick up the dresses right now so you won't have any excuses that day, also I'll get bags and shoes and other accesories. Just call your girls over, they can help decide".

" Yes mum" she looked pretty excited I felt bad for secretly wishing to pull out of this dinner. Damon should be there..right?

"Got to go love" she was out just as quick as she said it. Well. Me and the house.

I havent heard from Maddie in a while, felt like I adjusted just well. Pulling my phone out of my jean pocket I unlocked it and dialed her number. I looked around to ensure no one was around, couldn't take any chances. I relaxed in the couch.

She answered on the third ring.

"Heyyyyyyyy" was what gushed out through the speaker. She seemed pretty great.

"Hey. Watsup?".

" Well. I'm doing great, plus I'm on my way to Cole's. Been a while. What have you been up to?".

I shrugged "Well nothing out of the ordinary. Mom went out to get some dresses for the company's big dinner this Saturday. I'll be super busy when she gets back".

" Yup. You already sound tired for later" a giggle then "Come on she's not bad, infact she's really interesting..I just have an ugly way of letting her know".

I chuckled " Are you kidding me". So, we now call them Mom and Dad, its actually awesome.

"How is Damon. Hope he's alive".

" Sure! Where the hell is he going to. He cant fucking do that to me!".

"He's a charmer".

I grinned " and Cole? You're going to spend the whole day with him, I'm sure".

"Obvi! I just can't get tired of having him around, even though he's pretty annoying, but what boyfriend don't get on nerves.....". She came to a stop.

I smiled " Why'd you stop?". I knew...it was finally happening and we couldn't hide it, it was hard to.

"Nothing. I um..got carried away" a huge sigh then "nevermind".

I sighed " I'm not going to hide it Maddie, if there's one thing I've learnt, its to never shy away. I really love Damon, and I know this wasnt supposed to happen, but....It'll never feel the same with Cole and I know you feel that way too. Don't you?".

"Yes" she quickly replied, relieved to let it out "I don't want to leave here, I just want Cole, and Emily and Jenny and Amber and Mom and Dad....its great for me, it turned out just right. Its just behind all this emotions there's a ticking clock, keeps reminding me that Maddeline said everything will be back to normal soon. I think I need my bad behaviours back, could keep me here for long".

I laughed " You're gushing with emotions, thats so new. I'm just glad we got this off our chest, lets just enjoy the days or weeks or months, lets just hold unto it".

"Right ahead of you. Just to be clear, a part of you wants to see Cole, right?".

" Hell yes" I said as a feeling settled in my chest, a feeling of warmness, just wanting to see that goodlooking blonde again "but I can't, and its ok. You want that too, right?".

Another sigh from her then "Of course, I mean we didn't breakup. Just want to do the final, tell him how I truly feel".

I faked a smile " Yea. That has to happen".

"Ok" Maddie said "I've stayed long enough, he's probably waiting. Will hear from you soon".

" Have fun" I ended the call. Well that didn't go bad at all.

------------------------------------------------------

4:45pm

"Maddieeeeeeee" Steph yelled as she got closer to my room, it definately was her, her voice couldn't be messed up.

I just sat in bed dropping my phone and ending my chat with Damon, he was really busy these days and I hated it, always had to deal with missing him.

My door opened and in walked Steph, Rose and my Mom.

I sat up "Mom. You're back?".

" Yes sweetie".

And then in came Carrie and Lucy,  another helper in the house with lots of dresses and stuff. Felt a bit bad for just sitting on the bed doing nothing.

"We're here to help you look gorgeous" Rose said, gesturing to herself with a pose of a queen. "You're kind of a fashion mess now".

I furrowed my brows.

" I said kind of" she said immediately.

"Come on Maddie" Steph said "get your sore butt off that bed".

I sluggishly got up from the bed, have to admit, those dresses look attractive. Carrie and Lucy placed everything on the bed and excused themselves.

" You ready?" Mom asked.

"Yup".

" Alright" looking at Steph and Rose she said "lets go".

Where was she going? It would be better if she stayed to tell me what went with what, and besides I'm perfectly fine dressing in her presence.

" Mom" I said "You're supposed to help me pick".

" Yes honey, I'll be right outside".

I shook my head "No. Stay in here".

" You want me in here while you change?".

"Of course, whats wrong about that, you're not okay with that?".

" No. Its just, you usually like doors shut".

Ohhhhh. Well, I'm still not one to be that private, hope this isnt bad.

"Its cool mom. It'll be better if you're here". Plus you need to be here right now.

" Ok".

Steph and Rose went out and shut the door, leaving Mom and I to decide.

"So" I brightned "What do I try first?".

"The red one" she nodded over to one of the dresses. She looked really happy. It was contagious.

I took off my t-shirt, then my jeans, my back to her as I admired the dresses. Everything was okay and normal, and I never knew it could just flip so quickly,  as quickly as eggs were flipped.

"Maddie" my mom's voice called out.

I turned to face her and her smile was gone, replaced with a suspicious one, and thats when it went down.

"Where's your birthmark?".

                                     \~/

We're doing it!! We're almost done. The long wait will be over, been waiting for this chapter. So enjoy!!!.