Chapter 20- No more gullible 🚫

Maddie River's P.O.V

1 week later

Monday

I rushed down the stairs, Carrie rushing behind me too. I felt trepidations because I had to go see Damon, I thought giving him a week break would help, who am I kidding, when I told Maddie when we video called again, her scream nearly plucked out my ear drums and she ended the call, clear sign to shake a leg.

So in a long sleeved button up shirt,  tucked into a high waist a bit lower than knee length pencil skirt, a wedge and not to forget a little makeover Carrie did for me, I am now shaking a leg. Carrie and I were getting close though.

There are reasons I did this.

1.I really want to impress Damon, all I want is that heart stopping smirk of approval and for things to go back to the way they were.

2.Have you seen Maddie? She's like a goddess of beauty compared to both of us, simple in a way, but really hot. Thankfully I wasn't using her vanilla soap and cream and hair conditioner and every other thing. Vanilla is good, but I'm not really a fan.

"Miss Maddie". Carrie called behind me, making me stop in my tracks, as I turned to her still jittery. With her outstretched hands she said quickly " Pick one".

Bag or clutch?

Clutch.

I yanked it from her apologizing and rushing to the door, and I also yanked it open, revealing someone I thought I'd never see in my live again.

His hand was risen halfway to the door, like he was about to knock. Then his eyes swallowed my whole being, at least that means I do look good.

He chuckled "You look good, great in fact".

I rolled my eyes "What do you want Luke?".

He arched a brow " You're not going to say thank you?".

When I still looked at him without saying anything, he nodded then cleared his throat "I waited for a call, did you get it?".

You piece of shit! You're the reason Damon ended things.

Wait! Did I just curse? That's Maddie's thing.

" Well as you can see" I took a step down and he took a step down too "I can't give you the documents, because its not meant for you, its in safe hands".

He tried again " But Damon isn't safe hands, he's stubborn and hard-headed and-". 

Honestly I was feeling disgust, I squinted "Really? This again?" I said cutting him short.

A little silence then he asked.

"So you're not getting the document?".

I looked him in the eye, remembering my mission at hand, and what I am or used to be. Gullible. That would be ending right now because I am tired of being used.

With a smirk I said " No".

He stared at me for a while, then I continued "Now if you'll excuse me, I have major work to do". He moved to the side as I closed the door and walked down the stairs. I could feel him watching me.

Then he said "I'll get it soon, you'll see".

No anger or venom in his voice, he was just cool.

I didn't reply, I'm sure he won't get it, I'm sure Damon won't let that happen and I'm sure I'll be there to help him. I'm feeling so good right now, finally standing up, and using my brains instead of my ass, like Maddie said. It really feels so damn good.

I got into Maddie's car, my nose suddenly picking up that vanilla scent as my mind recollected the last time I was in this car. It was an escape fail mission all because of Maddeline.

Maddeline! Where'd she go.

Just as I inserted the key in the ignition, her form filled the chair beside me causing me to jump. Her sudden apparition still had an effect on me.

" Jesus!" I said in panic and was graced with a chuckle from her "You gave me a fright". Composing myself I turned the key as the car roared to live.

" Sorry, I thought you'd get used to it by now, Maddie seems to take my appearance as a means to try and render me useless, she still hates me, in other words, she's always ready for me".

It was my turn to chuckle "She has it bad for you" I was already on the road, Luke had gone, who cares. "So where have you been?".

" Well just fairy trouble, got sick".

I glanced at her, sick? Is that possible?

"Not that" she said as if reading my mind, maybe she could read my mind, or was it the way I scrunched up my face? "Sometimes our energy seems to weaken, especially when we try to tell the person we're helping that they're doing something wrong".

Okayyyyyy??.

" We kind of zone out for sometime before coming up again".

That reminds me.

"So" I started as I threw a glance at her "You were the one on the street and in the store?".

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw her nod "I was trying to warn you".

Ohhh " Yea, I know I shouldn't be plotting against Bree, and I'm going to-".

She chipped in, cutting me short "Not that".

I looked at her for a little while, before concentrating on the road, her face expressionless " Then what?".

"The contract, double double. I knew you'd fall for Luke's way with words so I tried warning you".

I shrugged, making a turn " You could have just said something".

She groaned "Were you listening to what I said earlier? I can't say it, I can't warn you, only advice you and that's why I went away".

I nodded, I did understand, but its kind of harsh, whats all her abilities for then? " So you're just here to advice us, and your abilities? What are they for? Or maybe each fairy have their own abilities and yours is the ability to advice" I said without expression, definitely not impressed.

"You're beginning to sound like Maddie".

I glanced at her to see her smirking " Is that good?".

"Very".

I was grinning like a total idiot. Then she added "to an extent".

My grin died instantly as I drove into Damon's compound and came to a halt. I looked at her then said "Sure, I'll be careful not to let things get in my head. Right now wish me luck, I'm about to go meet the Lion".

We shared a laugh.

Maddeline gave a nod " Good luck, don't flop".

"I won't" I said as she faded away slowly. I sat back in the car, building my confidence and getting ready to face Damon. I just want him back or else I'll be dead before I know it, I can't trust Maddie to leave me alive if I don't have Damon back. Then again, I just wanted Damon back.

Just as I was almost done with my mental talk, the door opened, first a man in his 50's came out, followed by a woman, really young looking,  probably in her late 30's or early 40's and then the person that kicked my heart into a powerful gear...... Damon.

                         \~/ 
Thank you all so much for your cooperation, it means so much and has taken me this far. Love you all loads.
 Don't forget to tap that star to vote, and the text box to let me know what you think. Thanks a lot guys💖💖