Chapter 30-Birthday🎂

1 month later      

                 Maddie Rivers P.O.V

I was woken up suddenly by the loud blaring coming from my phone. The song 'faded' played out. Gosh! The beginning was enough to send terror down a person's spine.

I reached over to the phone and held down on the volume button to stop the music from playing out before the whole house would wake up.

It was 7 in the morning. Well, it was a Saturday after all, so I really loved the sleeping idea.

My eyes widened at the name and my eyes seemed to clear of all trace of sleep. Maddie?

I swiped to 'Accept' and placed the phone to my ear, and spoke on a whisper "Maddie?".

"You're still in bed? Well not your fault its Saturday, but this Saturday is different. Butt up!" She was also speaking in a whisper, but the 'butt up' part held a pitch.

I did actually, sitting up and pulling the duvet over me, holding it just below my neck "Yes I have done that, so what?" Sleep had finally crawled back into my eyes.

"Its today!".

I frowned " What?"

"Its Damon's birthday".

Its what now?

" What?!" I actually yelled, before realising it and piping down "For reals?".

" Yes. Would have told you earlier, but Cole kept me busy all week" she laughed after that.

Oh.....kay.

I quirked a brow "Well thanks,  its not too late. Do you guys do anything bogus??".

" Not always, mostly we just chill and have a fun time. You guys should try that".

"Thanks Maddie. Bye".

I hung up and quickly dialed his line. He's probably asleep and won't answer.

Well no, he picked on the third ring and didn't sound tired.   

" Ma—".

"🎵Happy birthday to you
         Happy birthday to you
         Happy  birthday my darling
         Happy birthday to you🎵".

I heard Damon chuckle then say " Thanks Love".

"Anytime" I grinned "So, hope you don't have a busy Saturday?".

" No. Why?". I could feel him smiling, that very corky, attention—grabbing smile.

"Well I want to spend time with you like always" I meant that, I really did want to spend time with him.

"So where'd you want to go?".

I laughed " Me? I'm not the one celebrating. So pick".

He chuckled again "I'm blank".

I relaxed a bit into the duvet " Okay pick. Museum? Swim? Skydiving?—"

"Skydiving? No way".

I laughed " Alright. Art studio, orphanage home—".

"Hmmm. Are you asking me to adopt a kid then marry you?".

" What? No".

I could hear him laughing to his heart's content over the phone, it was a long one that made me smile. He was just taunting me.

"Haha. Laugh on. Make a choice".

"Orphanage" he said after he stopped laughing.

I smiled. I love that decision "Look delicious as always, okay? That's the first place we'll go to, others are for later".

" So you admit that I do look delicious".

Damon!

"Get out" I said well he started laughing again, then I hung up.

He was annoyingly adorable. His voice was so sweet and soothing.

I tapped Steph and Rose's number for a group call. The last I needed to do before I get out of bed.

                                         ~
A few hours found Damon and I driving into an orphanage home. The gates were opened and Damon drove in after exchanging pleasantries with the gate keeper.

Damon looked delicious today as well. I loved what he did with his hair,  it had become very full, so the style he gave it, made him hundred percent delicious.

We got out and he locked the car, and soon after and aged woman walked towards us. Her face cracked up in a smile as her eyes fell on Damon "Mr Knight. So good to have you here" Her eyes shifted to me, and she smiled more "Miss Greene. A pleasure".

I spared a smile. Yes, I almost forgot the reputation.

Damon spoke up " I hope the time isn't wrong, I got a few stuffs" he gestured to the car. "Hope you don't mind?".

" Not at all" She said as she looked back and called out "Marian!!".

" Yes Mrs K!" I heard a voice yell out before a lady as old as Emily came out, she had dark hair that was held up in a bun, and she was freckle-faced.

"Help take these things inside" Mrs K nodded at our direction "courtsey of Mr Damon and his beautiful woman".

I couldn't help the smile. Once she and Marian turned around after getting a few packages Damon whispered in my ear " She got that right ". Then he tugged me along as he followed behind.

I was greeted by the home scent from the orphanage once Damon and I stepped in after Mrs K and Marian. I could see kids everywhere, obviously. But seeing them with my own eyes gave me a feeling of delight and pity. So many kids without parents.

A kid with length from my knee to my toe ran towards me and hugged my legs. It was so adorable. He has dirty blonde hair, cute puppy eyes that looked up at me and the sweetest smile. I had to grin at the creature.

" Welcome" such angelic voice. Then he looked at Damon "Welcome Sir".

Damon chuckled " Thanks" he lowered to squat, coming down to the height of the kid "Whats your name?".

He let go of my leg and faced Damon " I'm Cody".

I saw Damon grin, he looked so breathtaking with a smile, honestly. "Well then Cody, I'm Damon, nice to meet you" he held an outstreached hand which Cody brushed and rather leaned in to hug Damon, almost knocking Damon off balance.

"Whoa, he's a hugger" Damon said wrapping his hands lightly around Cody.

That caused a laugh to occupy the room.

"Okay Cody" Damon said as they pulled away, he nudged his head towards Mrs K "Go see what you got".

Another bright smile and Cody ran off to Mrs K, the smiles still on the faces of everyone.

Damon rose to stand beside me " Well".

I chuckled "Admit it, he's adorable" I bopped my brows at him.

He smirked "Yea, we'll probably come get him when we get married" with that Damon walked off to address the kids who were eagerly waiting for us.

The shock from his words left me rooted to my standing spot. Married?? Was it a joke or was he serious?

"Maddie" Damon called out to me, pulling me out of my wonder world.

"Yea" I whispered to myself as I made my way across the room to Damon.

                                  \~/

Okayyyyy. My addition! I hope it compensates the really long time I took to give an update. But I'm back now, hopefully. Full time. So enjoy!!!
Vote⭐, comment📝 and sharee!!! Tell a friend to tell a friend. 🗣👤🗣👥. Love ya😘