chapter twenty-one

"hey, you ready to roll?" eddie asked as i nodded

"yeah, let's get this son of a bitch." i strapped my badge to my hip, as we made our way out of her apartment.

upon walking out of the building, we saw jamie leaning up against the squad car.

"nice to see you two actually on time." jamie joked.

"jamie! that's no way to speak to your sister and future girlfriend." i tease him.

i noticed he got extremely red as he fake laughed.

"shut up." he mumbled.

"she got you there, harvard." i heard danny say as i shut my side of the door.

"yeah, she sure did." jamie rolled his eyes.

someone defensive this morning.

"sorry eddie. we just tease him about you a lot." she laughed as i spoke, waving it off.

"it's fine. i'm used to it now that we're friends." she smiled.

"i can't thank you so much for letting me and the baby stay with you this past week. i know it hasn't been easy."

"for my favorite two reagan's? anything."

"hey! what about me? your partner?" jamie asked, pretending to be offended.

"eh you're okay. your twin sister and her kid are cooler than you, partner." eddie winked at him.

"sorry jamie. i guess we know who's the cooler twin now." i shrug as he chuckled.

"hey, she just thinks you're cooler because you do facemasks, gossip, and you have the baby. i sat there and witnessed it all, i'm still the cool one here."

i couldn't help but laugh.

"if anything i'm the cool one. i actually got pressured into doing a facemask." danny commented as he drove. "and my wife could never get me to do it."

"he's right." eddie tells my brother. "he's the cooler reagan brother."

jamie chuckled in his seat, but i could tell a bing of jealousy hit him.

twin things.

"you talk to rafael?" danny then asked, in attempt to change the subject.