chapter eighteen

"knock, knock"

"knock, knock"

i look up to see my squad standing there, with flowers and little bears in each of their hands.

"hey guys!" i smile, as the baby slept peacefully in my arms.

"this a good time?" nick asked as i nodded.

"perfect time. come on in."

"how you feelin?" sonny asked as i shrugged a shoulder.

"honestly, not too bad. i'm sore but it's all worth it. he's been really good and you know, so far it's been everything i expected."

"he's a cutie." liv said, smiling. "where's barba?"

"getting coffee, where else?" i replied as they all chuckled. "do you guys wanna hold him?"

they all replied excitedly as they quickly went to go wash their hands before each of them held him.

"so, do we have a name yet?" elliot asked.

"nope, still pondering" rafael answered, as he walked into the room.

"congratulations papa." liv said as he smiled.

"thank you, thank you." he smiled. "but my wife did all the work. she honestly did the unexplainable i'm just truly amazed by her."

"when are you not?" i said to him as he chuckled, pressing a kiss to my head.

"so how's the family doing with the birth of a new reagan-barba?" sonny then asked.

"honestly, more stressed than we are making sure everything is okay, especially my mom and my father-in-law. but to sum it up they're all pretty much completely obsessed with him." rafael replied .

"aren't we all?" amanda replied.

"i believe the real question is, when are you both coming back to work?" nick then asked as he held the baby, rocking him back and forth.

"why? does svu miss me already?" barba jokingly asked smirking, while taking a sip of his coffee.

"not as much as your wife." elliot replied as we all laughed.

"people can miss my sister other than barba?" danny then asked as him, erin, and jamie entered the room.

"wow, it's really a party now." i said, looking at my husband as he nodded. "and yes danny, people actually like me."

"joe would be so excited to be in this crowd." erin said as my eyes immediately went wide and i couldn't control my hormones as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"honey, what's wrong? does something hurt?" rafael asked, in pure panic.

"i know his name, get the rest of the family in here. they need to hear it."

he nodded, rushing out of the room as i reached for my baby as nick handed him back to me.

"your husband is sweating and out of breath so i'm assuming we have a name finally." pop said as he entered the room with rafael and my father.

"i do, and i have erin to thank for reminding me for who i do most of everything i do for."

"me? what did i," within her sentence, she realized, putting her hand over her mouth, as rafael stood next to me as he then realized and nodded with a smile on his face.

"joseph connor reagan-barba." i then announce as everyone around us smiles.

"it's beautiful." my father states, as he smiled. "he's gonna make his uncle proud."

"he certainly will." rafael said, kissing our son's tiny head. "wait, shit, where's my mother and abuelita?"

"you didn't get your abuelita or your mother?" i ask, realizing they weren't in the crowd of people in our room.

"nope!" he yells as he ran out before he peeked his head in through the door. "by the way, we're doing this again. have the same reactions in five minutes as you did five minutes ago."