chapter twenty-eight

if there was one thing i loved doing, it was watching my husband in court

there was something so elegant about the way he spoke in court and how he moved or how he made notes.

my harvard law educated man.

as i watched, i felt someone sit next to me. i turned my head to see my big sister as she also watched rafael work his magic.

"i don't know how he does it."

"does what?"

"look at the jury. they haven't taken their eyes off of him, they never do."

"just the charm of rafael, don't take it personally."

"i'm not, i need to ask him how he does it. not even my ex husband could get this out of a jury" erin whispered.

"you know you're an amazing prosecutor erin, hush."

"always looking for ways to improve."

"doesn't he report to you anyways?"

"different divisions and we're practically on the same level." she replied. "jack mccoy loves us both too much."

"he has every right to. you two are his best attorney's."

we turned our attention back to what was going on in front of us as my husband questioned nick on the stand.

"you and nick still not talking?"

i shook my head.

"he's still pissed about me telling barba about his past family history."

"you had to. it was crucial to the case."

"he thinks i told dad too."

"did you?"

"hell no."

"then who cares? he'll get over it."

"sucks that is so pissed at me he won't say shit. makes it hard to work a case even if he is on desk duty."

"what's rafael say?"

"that i should expect an apology from him soon because he ripped him a new one over the weekend."

"when was this?"

"the day i picked jamie up from county lockup."