chapter eleven

it had been about five months since liv's kidnapping and rescue

it had been about five months since liv's kidnapping and rescue. she had returned svu about two months after.

she still suffered from some ptsd, which was understandable given her situation, but she was doing a lot better than she was in the beginning. she had even fostered a baby, that was a working girl's, until she unfortunately burned alive by the gang she was working for.

the trial on lewis was coming up, so it was definitely nerve racking for all of us. we wanted to get it right this time.

the good news was that liv had recently been promoted to acting sergeant at svu, after captain cragen announced that he was retiring.

we all knew that elliot was asked first, being that he was here longer, but he turned it down, being that he knew liv deserved this and he also knew this would keep him away from his family more than he already was.

"so, i heard we're getting a new detective today." nick said as he walked into the station.

"really?" i said as he parked our squad car.

"yep. apparently, traveled his way around from staten island svu, to brooklyn, to queens, and now he's coming here."

"i guess they love him wherever he goes."

"you know, its funny that i have this information."

"i know. a lot of people think i know everything." i laughed. "i literally have people everywhere."

"you're not wrong there."

"you know, right before joe died, i was on patrol then, about to be promoted to detective, he told me, "look kid, if you think you don't know shit on patrol with dad in office, wait until you become a detective. you just know a little bit more than you would on patrol, only if dad or his office, or any of us call with information," and he had never been more right."

"i've known you for a year and a half now, and that sounds so accurate."

we laugh as we got on the elevator to get to the squad room.

"so, what do you think about this case?"

"i mean according to jamie and eddie, and from what i heard about them talking to the girl, its pretty clear that she's afraid of something. plus, she's from the same ring where ellie porter started and jamie said they took a shot at her after amanda and fin started to leave the precinct with her. they needed jamie and eddie as an escort."