chapter five

as amaro and i were interrogating our suspect, his lawyer burst into the room as we got sent out of the room

"he didn't even ask for a lawyer." i shake my head.

"his family did when you guys arrested him on their grounds." cragen says walking into his office, as i groan sitting at my desk.

thank goodness he was back, i don't know if i could've gone longer with this other captain.

"hey reagan, captain wants us to go get the vic. they're gonna pull a lineup." fin then says, a few minutes later.

"what happened? munch broke your heart when he became sergeant and doesn't wanna go with you now, so you gotta take up the side piece?" i joke standing from my desk.

"how'd you know?" munch then responds as i let out a laugh.

"its in my blood munch. i know everything." i laugh before leaving with fin.

after she made the I.D., with rafael being present as well as our perps attorney, and it was clear and as always, by the book.

after i took our victim back to campus, i finally decided to go home.

and when i say home, i mean home, home.

the place i share with my husband and finally, officially talk.

i know we had our date this week, but i just wanted to finally forgive him and work this out in our own home.

when i arrived to our shared brownstone, and unlocked the door, turned the lights on, and walked around, it felt like i never left. pictures of us and our families were still around the house. everything was where it was when i left.

the only thing that was really different was that there was barely anything in the fridge besides a bottle of wine and some salad ingredients.

i took a quick shower before i put on an nypd t-shirt and some shorts. i go into my jewelry box, where i had left both my engagement ring and my wedding ring, and finally put it back on my finger.

i heard the front door shut as i started to make my way down the stairs.

"kel?" his voice rang through the house. he clearly saw my keys in the bowl.

as he saw me, he smiled a bit.

"hey."

"hi," he was stunned. "you came home?"