chapter twenty

"does this kid ever sleep?" i heard my husband mumble as we heard our son crying for the fifth time within the night

"looks like he takes after you." i mumble.

it had been about a week since we had brought him home and everything was going great. he was a great eater, the help was great, he's absolutely perfect except for the fact that he hasn't slept since we brought him home.

after rafi and i went to bed around 12 last night, every hour on the the hour we would hear the baby monitor. it was now five in the morning and neither of us were thrilled to hear a crying baby after getting any sleep but parenthood, huh?

seeing that my husband didn't look like he was going to get up, i did as i made my way to the baby's room.

as i got there, i already saw jamie in there, bouncing him as he cried.

"i was finishing up in the bathroom and i heard him, so i came in." my brother informed me as i nodded before taking infant into my arms.

"oh joey, why do you insist on not letting mama and papi sleep?"

"or uncle jamie."

i roll my eyes at my brother as we walk into the living room.

"you volunteered for this." i remind him as i heard him chuckle.

"where's your hubby?"

"groaning over our child not sleeping." i reply. "where are you headed at five in the morning?"

"roll call at six. eddie and i are gonna meet up and get a coffee before."

"gotcha. you two have fun on your date." i tease my twin brother.

"it's not a date. we're partners."

"you say that now. wait a few years. i'm willing to bet that you aren't gonna be just partners."

i had determined from his cries, that he was in fact hungry so i grabbed a bottle out of the fridge and warmed it up.

"yeah. okay." he then rolled his eyes.

"i'll bet you twenty bucks."

"sure thing sis." he pressed a kiss to my forehead before pressing a kiss to the baby's. "see ya later. you too little man."

"be safe out there jameson."

"i will."

"and jamie?"