prologue

okay, deep breaths

okay, deep breaths. in and out.

that's what was currently going through my head because today, i'm marrying the person i've been in love with since the moment i met him, nearly eight years ago.

"how we doing, lil sis?" my twin brother, jamie asks coming into the room, joining me and my bridesmaids, which included, so far, because the rest were either running a bit late or were hanging out downstairs in the chapel, my sister, erin, my niece, nicky, my sister-in-law, linda.

"just because you were born five minutes before me, doesn't mean i'm your lil sis."

"wow, someone's snarky today."

"shut up jameson."

he laughs at my comment.

"you nervous?"

"very."

"you've got nothing to be worried about, barba is wrapped around your finger since the beginning. he isn't going anywhere."

he pulls me into a tight hug, in an attempt to try and relax me.

"you look absolutely stunning, kel." he whispers as i smile.

"thank you."

"joe would be already tearing up if he were here. he loved you so much, and he loved barba as if we've known him for years. he would be so glad to see you two getting married, finally."

i smile thinking of my older brother, who had passed.

"he really would be. i wish he could've been here." i sigh before someone bursts into the room.

"alright, who's ready to get this show on the road?" my brother, danny, yells, walking in.

"she would love to if all her bridesmaids would come up. half of them are either late or flirting with the groomsmen." erin answers slightly annoyed.

"oh hush erin, let them have fun. they'll all be up eventually."

"when? before the reception starts?" she replies before sighing. "i'm sorry, i just want this day to be absolutely perfect for you."

"i know you do. but, if you keep this up and terrorize my bridesmaids, it won't be."

"she promises she'll chill. right, mom?" my niece, nicky says turning to my sister.