chapter six

"you're in early

"you're in early." elliot states as he walked into the squad room.

"yeah, something came up."

"wanna fill me in?"

"i don't know if she's going through with it. if she does, i'll let you know." i was a bit snappy, but i was also up all night configuring a plan with jamie and going through files.

"alright, no need to get snippy." he says raising his hands, like he was surrendering.

"sorry, i've been up all night."

"i understand." he says sitting in the chair, next to my desk. "so, you two finally working things out?"

i look up from the paper, confused for a minute before he pointed at the rings on my finger.

"yeah, we are." i let out a small smile.

"good, i'm glad. i want nothing but the best for you." he replies.

"thanks el." i was about to ask him if he could get me some coffee, rafael walked into the squad room, towards my desk, with two cups of coffee in his hand.

"hi," i say standing from my desk.

"hey, cragen called me in for a case so i figured i'd bring you some coffee." he hands me the cup before exchanging greetings with elliot.

"thank you," i smile.

"i'll leave you two." elliot then states, strolling away.

"how's it going?" rafael then asks.

"well, he's still the same bastard i remember even after i refreshes through his files." i sigh. "jamie's bringing her in soon."

"okay, that's good."

"can you come in about five minutes after we start talking?"

"you want me there?"

"please. you don't have to be, if you don't want to, but i figured since we've lost all the other cases against this guy,"

"i'll be there."

"is it bad that i doubt she's gonna talk though?"

"why's that?"

i sigh at his response.

"to be honest, i don't know."