chapter sixteen

"so, are you two finding out the gender?" liv asked as i sat in her office, rubbing my little bump

"yep, tomorrow. my dad's gonna be there. rafael's looking forward to it."

"as he should." she replied. "when are you telling the rest of the family?"

"well, probably tomorrow, at family dinner."

"i'm surprised they all aren't going with you."

"they almost did, but i promised them we would tell them."

she laughed at a bit. "how's rafael doing with all of it?"

"well, he's very excited. he wants to start doing the baby's room as soon as possible."

"i can't imagine barba doing that. just a few months ago, he was holding noah like some alien, not even like a kid."

i laughed a bit at her comment.

"trust me, he was worse before with el's kid."

"who was worse at what with my kid?" elliot asks coming into the office.

"rafael with eli."

"right, how could we forget how he held him. it was like he was an alien."

"he's gotten better. trust me."

"no doubt about it. he's going to be an amazing father kel." liv said as i smiled at her.

"big day tomorrow huh?" elliot asks as i nod, smiling.

i was about to say something about my thoughts of what the baby was, when a case came in and the conversation ended.

______________

"rafael, we're gonna be late!" i yell from downstairs.

"i'm coming!" he yelled in return as my father chuckled.

as few minutes later, he came flying down the stairs, all ready to go.

"you ready to see your grandchild, dad?" i ask as he nodded.

"yes, i am." he smiled. "how are you feeling rafael?"

"very exited sir." rafael replied, as he squeezed my hand and we walked out of the door of our home.

"any guesses?" i asked as we rode over in the commissioner's vehicle.

literally, wherever dad goes, his posse goes with him.

"it doesn't matter. the only thing that matters to me is that it's healthy." rafa stated.

"i agree." my father then said, with a smile on his face.

_______________

"so, how was the doctor's appointment?" my grandfather asked as we sat down at the dinner table.

"it was good. baby is doing great. dad was very excited to hear the heartbeat." i explained.

"i think we've got another cop to join the family soon." he insisted.

"or lawyer." rafael and erin said at the exact same time.

"so, are you going to tell us the gender sis, or are you gonna keep it in the dark?" danny asked.

"i'm getting to it. do you not have any patience daniel?" i asked.

"he does not, but neither do any of us at this point so let's get on with it kel." jamie said anxiously.

"wow, i didn't realize jamie could get like this." rafael chuckled as jamie shrugged as he took a sip of his wine.

"i personally think it's a girl." pop stated.

"well, you would be wrong at that pop because we're having a boy." i say as the family cheered.

"just what this family needs, another boy." linda then joked as laughter went around the table.

and i cannot wait to add this little boy to the table.