chapter three

"pop!" i yell, as raf and i raced to where some of my family was standing

they all stared because rafael was with me, and they all knew we were separated. i knew they would ask questions, but not now anyways.

"hey kiddo." my pop greets me before i go over to linda.

"linda, oh my god. how is he?" i say hugging her immediately.

"i don't know, the doctor just finished running tests a few minutes ago." her voice cracked as she spoke.

i didn't know what to say to comfort her so i just hugged her before hugging jamie, erin, my niece, nicky, my nephew, jack, and my pop, with rafael shortly behind me, doing the same.

"we just got to keep positive thoughts." rafael says as she nods.

pretty soon, danny came rushing in.

"hey!" jack runs to him, as he picks up his older son, holding him for a second before hugging, erin, nicky, pop, and myself before he held his wife tightly for a moment.

"is he gonna be okay?"

"i don't know."

"what do you mean you don't know?"

if you know daniel reagan, you know family always comes first for him. to see him like this, made my heart break.

the doctor came a few moments later explaining that sean had significant brain trauma and to put it into un-medical terms, his brain was swelling up and he was going to be in and out of consciousness. she said they wouldn't know if any permanent damage has been done until it went down.

as she explained further, i watched as danny wrapped his arms around his wife, horrified, scared, and i don't blame him one bit.

as the doctor walked away, jamie had taken a phone call, as the rest of the crew sat down, except for me and rafael.

jamie motioned for me to come over as i did with rafael at my side.

"dad's stuck at the office, he wants us to watch over danny, since you know."

"yeah, i do." i reply as his voice drifted off.

"i'm gonna go get them some coffee, you guys want anything?" rafael spoke.

"no, thank you." me and jamie both said as he nodded, before heading to the cafeteria.