chapter ten

a significant amount of time had passed since we had found out who's joe's killer really was and took down the blue templar

today was a lot of people's day off at the squad, including mine.

"hey baker." i smile as i walked out of the elevator.

"kelly, i didn't know you were coming in today." she said, looking over her schedule, seeing if she missed me coming.

"that's because i did not tell the commissioner i was coming today." i say lifting a bag of food. "i have more than enough sandwiches and some donuts for everyone if you'd like."

she laughed.

"i'm alright for now, but thank you." she said. "let me tell him he has a visitor."

she says opened the door, letting him know.

"send 'em in." i heard his reply as she nodded my way.

"ah, what do we have here?" my father says as i stepped in.

"just your youngest daughter, twin of your youngest son, and the first female reagan to be in the new york city police department, bringing you and your fellow staff some food."

"why, thank you, that's very kind." he smiled as we walked over to the couches, he had in his office.

"so, rafael wants to cook for family dinner on sunday."

"does he?"

"cuban food. it's one of his specialties, i figured i'd tell you."

"well, then tell him we're all expecting it." he replies, taking a bite of his sandwich. "speaking of rafael, shouldn't you be with him?"

"he had some charity thing on a yacht, i was gonna go, but i figured i'd stay in the city if something happened."

there was a moment of silence before he spoke again.

"how are things between the two of you?"

"great, we're living our most amazing, married life."

"good, that's what i like to hear." he smiled. "you know before your mother and i had any kids, we would have these bake offs?"

"she used to tell me a lot of stories about it, my favorite was the cake massacre."

"i thought pop was going to kill me that night with the amount of flour all over the kitchen." he chuckles as i laugh.