Epilogue (Part 4)

Epilogue (Part 4)

July

The sound of my sunshine crying makes me rush to his crib. He whines and cries for me, and it is just the sweetest thing. The second I lift him out of his crib and into my arms, his crying ceases.

"You are a fussy little thing today. I can't get anything done today with you always wanting me to hold you." I try to set him back down in his crib but he begins to cry again. "Alright, alright. You got me. I will hold you." I say, giving in.

Marko is an easy-going baby. Well, most of the time. He is about a month old now, and he is a healthy baby. Marko weighed exactly six pounds. Additionally, he is a handsome fellow. I don't know how I am going to keep the girls off of him when he gets older. Also, when he was born, he had a headful of light brown hair. I knew he would have Charlie's hair!

Marko is a stubborn child, too. I was in labor for almost twelve hours! I am never having another kid. Don't get me wrong, I love him with all of my heart, but I don't want to go through that ever again! I don't know how women with seven kids do it!

"Ari," I hear Charlie call out as he enters the nursery, "mother wants us to come down in an hour to attend the meeting."

"Alright," I hold Marko closer to me as he squirms around a bit. Then, Marko lets out a huge yawn from his tiny body that makes me giggle. "He is a bit sleepy."

"Babies are always sleepy." Charlie says.

"Especially, this little guy. Anyways, what is the meeting about?"

"About if we should move back into our castle in London." Charlie says. Since then, Queen Chelsea has been suffering from depression and even the birth of Marko didn't cheer her up. She has been less demanding of us and she has been kinder to us recently. Her and Charlie made a full recovery and my lil' sunshine was perfectly fine.

"Oh, I don't want to go back. That castle holds too many memories for it to be any good. This palace is like a fresh start for all of us..." I state.

"Yea..." Charlie's face goes serious, but he shakes it off and puts on a smile. "Can I hold my son?"

Gently, I hand him over to Charlie. Charlie is surprisingly great with babies. He is so careful and tender. I always love watching him hold Marko. Charles always has the most loving look in his eyes and the happiest smile across his lips.

Miles and Dylan saw Marko a few hours after he was born and Dylan was ecstatic. She was telling me how many cute outfits she has seen that would be cute on Marko. Miles was saying how he looks a lot like Charlie. Also, Miles asked me if I named him after Jasper for a reason. I said I just liked the name.

Speaking of Jasper, I haven't talked to him since January. I sent him a letter, but there was never a letter returned. I asked Miles if he has talked to him and he said that he hasn't talked to Jasper, but he did see him at a restaurant with a girl on what seemed like a date a couple months ago. I expected Jasper to move on, but I wish he would've sent me a letter telling me that he was or that he wanted to just stay friends instead of never replying. Sometimes, I wonder if he has completely forgotten about me or if he still thinks about me. Nobody wants to be forgotten.

Marko lets out another yawn and I laugh, "How can such big yawns come from such a tiny body?"

"Marko is a funny lil' guy." Charlie chuckles.

"Don't you love that the tiniest lil' things can bring so much happiness?"

"I do love that. I love how this guy can make us so happy when we were so sad." Charlie states.