I Promise...

Chapter 14- I Promise...

I sit on one of the couches in the sitting room. I stroke it's red velvet. I've been sitting here since I found out about Jasper and Miles this morning. Speaking of Jasper and Miles, they should be here any minute. Emerald and some guards went to go retrieve them earlier.

I take deep breaths, "Cherish this, Arizona... This will be the last time you see him... No! Arizona, you won't keep yourself in this situation. You will set yourself free from this, so you can be with Jasper and Charles can be with Emerald." I speak to myself.

"Ugh!" I get up from the couch, frustrated, "Why? Why did it have to be my parents?! Why did it have to be me in this horrible situation?! I was having a fairly great life until my eighteenth birthday... Jeez!"

I let out a screech that was welling up in my gut. I fiercely kick the edge of a couch with floral prints on it. Pain shoots up my foot but I ignore it. My rage is more powerful than pain at the moment. The room smells of sweet roses, I would know since my breathing is so constant and fierce.

I pace back and forth in the wide room. I notice the whole room except for the furniture is a bright solid white. There are several windows in this wide room, too. There is one in the center of the long wall that is circular and has a perfect view of the garden. I slowly walk up to the window. The sleek clear, polished window. I set my hands on the circular edges of it, and the window is big enough that I could lay on the bottom of the circle. I sit on the white edge and lay on the bottom of the circle. I look out towards all the gorgeous flowers. A butterfly flutters past the window. The butterfly was so elegant and colorful. It was covered in gorgeous shades of purple. I notice beside the window is a white door that leads to the garden. I'll keep that noted unless I feel like I need to escape from all these emotions. There are white curtains tied beside the window. I undo the straps that hold the curtain captive, and set them free. The curtains drape in front of me, so I'm stuck in between glass and curtain. I stare out at all the flowers in the garden as I lay here.

I hear the door open and close gently. I jump up and tear through the curtains to find Miles, staring at me. I sigh in relief and run into his arms.

"Miles! Miles! Help... Me..." I cry out, even though I know there is absolutely nothing he can do.

"It's okay..." He says.

I pull away from the hug and look at him, "What happened after I left?"

He stares at me, "Soldiers bursted in our apartment with Jasper in their grasp. They told Dylan and I to go into the kitchen and sit at the table, so we did as they said. They explained to us of why they took you... Jasper looked more shocked than I did, but then, he explained why. I didn't know you had a thing for Jasper," he said with a joking grin.

I shove him playfully like the old days, "Whatever! Jasper has always been a very nice guy!"

I feel my cheeks get hot and Miles's grin becomes wider.

"Stop it!"

"Stop what?"

"Grinning like that!"

"Grinning like what?"

"Jeez! For a twenty-two year old dude, you sure are childish!" I exclaim.

He becomes more serious, and he nervously scratches the back of his neck, "I have to ask you... A question..."

"...go ahead..." I say.

"Do you like Dylan?" He asks.

I nod, "Well, of course! I think she's a very sweet gal and she seems to love you very much and-"