I Would Rather Have My Eye Poked Out With A Royal Fork

Chapter 9- I Would Rather Have My Eye Poked Out With A Royal Fork

We go to what looks like a tea room. The room smells sweet of cake, crumpets, brownies and piping hot tea. There is one small table fit for two. The queen sits in a small white metal chair in front of the table. The table has a champagne colored tablecloth and the contents on the table consists of a fragile light pink and white teapot with two matching teacups. I sit across from the queen as I gaze around the room. The whole room is filled with soft greens, pinks, and yellows. Elegant.

I notice that KC, Sasha, and Natisha aren't here. It's just my future mother-in-law and me.

Lovely.

"Now, I will teach you how to have perfect manners at tea parties. Trust me, we have several exclusive tea parties in the castle," the queen says.

I relax in my seat and Queen Chelsea seems enraged of what I have done.

"Sit up! Ugh, you cannot slouch or you will be the laugh of the party," Queen Chelsea complains.

I sit up and my back aches a little with having to sit up for a while. Queen Chelsea checks inside the teapot and seems not pleased.

"I ordered apple tea not strawberry tea. Oh, I promise you, Arizona, these servants get worse and worse every three years!" She complains.

I wish I could speak up because I don't think she has the right to say that, but I do not have the right to go against her. I see a girl that looks rather familiar come in with a short light yellow lace dress on. She has auburn hair and deep brown eyes.

She notices me and bows, "Hello, Arizona, fantastic to see you again. I hope you are enjoying your stay," she turns to the queen, "If you ever need a ride for Arizona or Charles again, please let me know and it would be my pleasure to give them a ride."

That's it! She was the girl who brought me here. She seems really nice and caring, but everyone had here except for the royals [Not including Charles] and their relatives.

"Yes, yes, just please get us some apple tea!" The queen says, clearly not interested at the moment.

The auburn haired girl takes up the teapot and walks out quickly.

"What's her name?" I ask the queen.

"Emerald."

"What a beautiful name."

"Yes, she is one of the best servants around. She takes control of a lot, but she doesn't go on by a three year term. Bethany and Emerald have been here their whole lives," she says.

"How come?" I ask.

"Same as you... They had a debt to pay except their debts aren't as big, of course. Both of they're parents were traitors to us. Their lives are devoted to serving us forever. They live here, and they will always live here. Once they are married, their spouses are devoted, too," she explains.

"But you said all my parents did was try to steal stuff and back out of their deal. That isn't so big. They didn't commit many crimes from what I see," I say.

She sighs, "Arizona, your parents... Did so much more, I just don't think you should know."

"I have a right to know because it affects too much of my life," I point out.

"Fine," she says, "they tried to kill me... Your mother hated me and she vowed to do anything she could to ruin me. Your father pinned me to a wall and your mother had a gun..." She shivers a little, "I remember I was so frightened, because I was in a fragile condition with Charles. Luckily guards came and took them away. We made a deal and, like I said, you were born and then we killed your parents."

"Oh...that explains...a lot..."

Wow... Now I truly do know why I'm in this predicament...

"So, tell me about Emerald and Bethany, I've already met both of them," I say trying to change the subject.

"Well, Emerald is Charles's age, twenty, and Bethany is older than I am. She is in her sixties," Queen Chelsea says.

"Ah... What family do they have?" I ask.

"Emerald has no family, her brother died fighting for our country. Bethany had a husband but he died a horrific death from a disease," she says.

It breaks my heart to hear this, "Well does Bethany have any children?"

"No, she is unable to have any," the queen says a little carelessly.

How sad... I couldn't imagine her pain to have to go through that.

Emerald comes back with the teapot, and she sets it on our table. She bows and leaves.
Queen Chelsea takes the teapot and pours some in each teacup. She pours me extra apple tea in mine, and she puts a sugar cube in hers. She shows me how to hold my teacup on my saucer and how to sip it, but she doesn't sip hers. She just explains to me how to sip.

"Now, you try," Queen Chelsea says.

I shrug and copy what she does. I sip the tea, and immediately gag and wince. The piping hot tea burns my throat, and it doesn't even taste like apple tea! My throat is scorched and my tongue is numb and burned. I drop my teacup and saucer which shatters on the ground. The queen laughs, and she is getting a kick out of me burning my tongue and gagging from the dreadful tea.

I stare at her, "Is this some cruel joke?!"

"What are you talking about, dear?" She says innocently while she is laughing.

My face turns red and I get up from the table. My mouth hurts and so does my poor abdomen! I get up, and storm out. I hear the queen get up behind me and follow.

"Are you hungry, dear?" She asks.

"No!" I yell back to her as I eagerly search for a way out.

"Well, you might as well find your way to the dining hall because I still have to teach you how to eat properly so you can have your date tonight with Charles!" She yells.

I stop and turn towards her, "Date?!"

"Yes! A date! I thought it would help if you got to know him!" She says harshly.

"I don't want to!"

"Well, you're going to!"

"I refuse!"

She storms towards me and stops once she is close to me. She scowls down at me.

"Who is the queen and who is the peasant?" She growls.

"I am no peasant!" I scream.

"You are so lucky you are marrying my son because if you weren't, you would be in the dungeon by now!" She exclaims.

I glare up at her, and she grabs my arm, gripping it tight. We make our way towards the dining hall.

Is this lady a joke?! She has taken away my freedom! She has taken away my ways! She has taken away my choices! This is a nightmare that I will never wake up from!

I try to yank away from her grasp but I'm stuck in her tight hands. As I see the dining hall coming into view, she takes a sharp turn into a room that is filled with soothing fountains of water. Sadly, those fountains cannot sooth me right now, and I think she is feeling the same way.

She turns at me enraged and her face is red, "I overrun you! You do not overrun me! You will listen to everything I say and do it! Now, you will listen like a good lady and do what I say, got it?!"

I stare at her, my face burning red, too.

She slaps me right across the face and hard at that. Tears forming in my eyes from the impact of her hit.

"I said, 'got it?!'" She says.

I nod, "Yes."

"Yes, what?!"

"Yes, your Majesty..."

"Good..." She says, pleased that she has her way now, "Let's go eat."