Tested

Chapter 23- Tested

Charlie scoops me up in his arms, and I slowly rub my head but I feel something warm on my hand. I bring my hand in my line of vision and there is a deep red substance on my fingertips. Charlie sprints to a small back door and opens it. Cool air chills my warm body and relaxes my tense muscles slightly. I shut my eyes tightly because the earth keeps shaking and shifting.

Charlie yells, but I don't understand what he is saying. It's like I'm in a completely different world. All I hear is yelling but my mind isn't processing his words. My body moves up and down with his sharp movements as he takes turns and runs at full speed.

I hear two familiar voices that I register as Sasha and Emerald. I try my best to focus in on what they're saying.

"Set her on the bed, Charles." Emerald says and I feel myself being set gently down on a comfy bed [I'm assuming].

"Oh my! Her head!" Sasha whines.

"Yea, I know. It's bad. Natisha got her pretty good. My dad told me to not interfere, but how could I not? She used her self-defense moves, but when Natisha tackled her... her head met the concrete," Charlie explains to them.

"Sasha, wrap her head while I go inform the queen." Emerald orders.

"Do you want me to get the PainAway?" Sasha asks.

"Not so sure, get King Randolph or Queen Chelsea's permission," I hear Emerald say as her footsteps start to grow faint.

"Alright. Charles, do you know if she is conscious?" Sasha asks.

"Um, not sure. I thought she was."

I groan, "I'm conscious. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad thing." I croak. At this moment, I wish I wasn't conscious because this pain wouldn't be as severe. My eyes flutter open.

Sasha leans over me and examines my head, "Yep. Natisha got you pretty good."

Charlie stands at the foot of a small bed that I'm laying in. The bed is all white, and my eyes roll over all the details in the room. It looks like a First-Aid room. It's filled with racks of medicine, injection needles, bandages, sterile gloves, sterile wipes, and other things that I simply do not recognize.

Sasha moves over to a cabinet and takes out a bottle of clear liquid, "This will sting, Arizona, but it will help your head and cuts... stay still." She gently drips a single drop on the top of my head and I can't help but let out a yell. The drop sizzles into my injured skin and I let out another yelp. It burns like acid would, or like when you burn yourself on something scorching hot. My instinct is to jerk but I have to stay still. This is made to help me.

She repeats this on all my cuts and she has to add another drop to my head. Tears gather up in my eyes as I feel like my lungs are out of breath from fighting and screaming. My screams getting louder and more desperate as she continues.

"Okay! Okay!" She says as she backs up, putting the burning liquid back where it belongs, "It's over... oh, I can't stand to see her like this..."

Hot tears roll down my red cheeks as I see Queen Chelsea and Emerald enter, "Oh goodness gracious, Arizona!" The queen says as she covers her eyes from my bleeding head.

"Your Majesty, we were going to ask you for your permission to use the PainAway... it will help her with her scrapes, cuts, bruises, and, of course, her head. Just one scan from the PainAway and her scrapes and bruises will disappear. Now, the deep cuts and her head will probably have to sleep on it." Emerald explains.

Queen Chelsea cautiously uncovers her eyes, "Oh yes, she needs a good scan from the PainAway... we have a proposal that needs to happen as soon as she is fully healed and presentable for the cameras."