No Comment

Chapter 22- No Comment

I attend dinner still wearing my T-shirt, shorts, and tennis shoes. These are more my style, not those tight and elegant dresses. The dresses are nice and all, but I am sick of them. I'm not in the best mood today after the whole Charlie incident this morning, and I prefer to wear what I feel most comfortable in. Charlie sits across from me and I find his eyes locked on me. Charlie and I had time to get ready for dinner, so that makes me the only one who decided to wear 'non-proper' clothing.

My dish comes out and it's another stupid salad. I groan right there on the spot, and I slump in my chair. More eyes lock on me but ya know, I don't really care. I notice this time there is no chicken at all in my salad.

I shift around in my seat and my limbs ache more. Charlie told me in training to do the moves I learned yesterday on Oliver, who was wearing protective gear. When I first saw him, I couldn't help but giggle. It reminded me of the time when Miles and Jasper were wrestling each other and they wrapped bubble wrap all over themselves. Marko wore a suit that pretty much looked like that.

All I did was do my self-defense moves on him, and Charlie would tell me what I could improve on and then I'd try again. We did it all day until he didn't have many things to perfect. I am a quick learner at some stuff, while others... not so much. Self-defense was one of those where I was pretty quick at learning.

My tongue didn't create one word towards Charlie the rest of the day. There wasn't anything good to say, so I just kept myself mute. In return, the only thing he spoke to me were tips for my moves. Nothing else.

While I sip a glass of ice water, I notice that Queen Chelsea keeps looking at me. Her expression like yesterday: like she smelled something bad. I get up from my seat, not asking if I can be excused and without eating. I am not hungry anyways.

"Arizona," Queen Chelsea calls out in a cold tone, "Sit. You aren't excused."

I sit back down and she continues, "Why are you wearing that?" She raises her eyebrows, expecting me to give a proper answer since it is in front of everyone. Well, she is mistaken.

"Well, why are you wearing that?" I reply. That huge puffy velvet dress doesn't flatter her very well, if I may say so myself. The sleeves puff up at the shoulders too much and the dress is just too puffy.

Her eyes widen and if this was a cartoon, you would see fire spewing from those hazel eyes and steam coming out of her ears. Her eyes burning holes into me, and I just sit there with a bored look across my face. The intensity is so high that you could hear a cockroach take a step [if there were cockroaches in this castle]. Everyone was silent. Not a peep.

"May I be excused, your Majesty?" I spit out like the words tasted as awful as my salad.

"Yes, you may." She says, through gritted teeth.

As I walk out, I give all of them a fake smile and a wave. This time, I know my way to my room. No wrong turns. No struggling. Right now, the day has been weary and frustrating. I dig through my wardrobe.

Gown. Gown. Gown. Gown. They're all gowns! Can I please have a tank top and shorts that I didn't sweat in? Or pajama pants? Gosh, I just want something other than a gown, but I snatch a random gown and take it with me to the bathroom.

***

I come out of the bathroom after soaking in warm water for about thirty minutes with my gown on. My hair drips water onto the carpet. I didn't bother to dry my hair even though with the technology, it only takes a minute or so. The necklace still remains on my neck. I bathed with it on without realizing.