Attempting to Make a Plan

Chapter 24- Attempting to Make a Plan

Sasha gently tapped my arm to wake me up. While I sit up and rub my eyes to get all the sleep out of them, Emerald starts unraveling the bandage covering up my head. A yawn swells up in my throat and my eyelids droop halfway over my green eyes. I find Emerald, Sasha, KC, and my future mother-in-law standing around my bed.

"Sasha, start some bath water and, KC, hurry along and grab an outfit for Arizona. Just grab a blouse and some nice looking pair of pants." The queen orders and they get to their jobs, "Emerald, how's her head?"

Emerald takes a look at my head, "Great recovery... remarkable, actually. It's almost gone. If we give her another round of medicine tonight, she will be as good as new!"

At the word 'medicine' panic begins to take over me. Another round of meds means shots and shots mean needles! I act like a person that has been in the crazy house for far too long when comes to needles poking my body. I cannot control myself.

"Arizona, calm down! It's a different type of medicine that doesn't require us to give you a shot. It comes in the form of a liquid that you can drink, and it is made where it will taste like a chocolate milkshake which everyone in the castle knows you love." Emerald says to soothe me and, surprisingly, it works. I let out a sigh of relief and my panic disappeared into thin air.

Then, a question pops in pot my brain, "Emerald, why are you in here?"

"Well, one reason I am is because I'm one of the most approved servant with medical experience. Second, I'm the new prep servant for you." She explains with a friendly smile.

"Oh..."

"Now, come on, let's get you ready."

***

I walk out of my room wearing a white lace long-sleeved shirt with a matching lace skirt and, of course, matching lace shoes. I'd prefer to wear something that didn't irritate my skin like a comfy hoodie and shorts. Sasha asked me earlier if I wanted breakfast and I didn't want any. My stomach didn't crave any food, and I find that odd because I always crave some food.

Emerald, Sasha, and KC left to attend their other duties, and Queen Chelsea starts walking away but I stop her, "Do you know where Charles is?" I make sure that my voice is clear, pure, and polite.

She pivots around to face me and she gives me a slight smirk, "Actually, yes. He is on the roof of the Sunset Tower, where you two had your first date." She notices my facial expression seem confused because she suggest to actually help me, "I can guide your there if you'd like."

"That'd be nice..." I reply a little timidly. I'm not used to her offering to actually help me. All of a sudden, I get my head busted open and the woman is nice to me? My mind cannot understand her.

"Follow me." She says and I do as I am told, "How are you?" Her attempt to have a conversation with me makes me feel awkward, and a hint annoyed.

"Splendid." I say rather quickly. My body stiffening at her presence. Everything about this woman makes me extremely uncomfortable. Even if it is for a few minutes while she is guiding me to her son-my future-husband. Those words make my head spin, but not in a good way. Realization of my marriage gives me goosebumps.

I feel someone's eyes locked on me and I notice that Queen Chelsea is staring at me, "You would look absolutely beautiful in this new wedding dress I saw on a virtual catalog on my LivingSquare. It had lace all along the arms, crystal embellishments among the goddess, and the dress would fit your figure perfectly."

"Oh..." I clear my throat, "Well maybe... I could... try it on when it comes that time to look at wedding dresses." My voice sounding dry and timid. A reminder pops into my head and I decide to mention my thoughts, "I have a request..."