Leave Me Alone

Chapter 16- Leave Me Alone

I sip my hot chocolate as I let everything I've told Bethany sink in. I told her about the last four days and what happened with Charlie and me. The sweet chocolatey goodness dances done my throat, warming my insides. I feel guilty but yet, I don't want to apologize to Charlie. I hate admitting sometimes that I am wrong. I guess, it's one of my flaws.

Bethany looks at me and nods, "I see... you are probably just stressed and anxious which makes a gal very emotional. I remember once, Tyler and I had to set up something in the castle and it was very stressful. He told me to calm down and I began to yell at him. That man was very well-behaved, and he could handle me at my worst. Charles is a really good young man, too. He is very forgiving. He probably isn't mad, I can tell that he is just upset about the marriage and he is concerned about you."

"I hope you are correct... I didn't mean to be as harsh as I was..." I reply.

"You and Charles's friendship will be alright." She states.

"I hope so, because I know him and I are going to have to be there for each other..."

"Yep..."

There was an awkward silence for a while, and I just gently sipped more of the thick chocolate. I get up, gripping my cup of deliciousness, and I walk to a window. I pull away the white and golden drapes and stare out the window. I see tourists below. They take pictures with their LivingSquares and then they point at certain stuff. I sigh.

"Did you ever see my mother?" I blurt. I don't even know how that popped into my head, but I want to know. Do I have my my mom's hair? Do I have her eyes? My curiosity overcomes me.

"As a matter of fact, I did." Bethany states.

I turn from the window and stare at her, "You did?" She nods.

"What'd she look like?" I ask.

Bethany looks at me for a while and answers, "Exactly like you."

"Really?" I say touching my hair.

She nods, "You're looks are so similar to hers that it's mind-blowing."

Now, I dare ask this next question, "Do I act like her?"

Bethany smiles and shakes her head, "In some ways... but you aren't like her. She had so much hatred in her heart that I couldn't imagine living like that. I would visit the dungeon daily when she was in there, and I would check on her. She was vicious, but you sometimes do resemble her by how you handle yourself. How you walk, the way you talk, and many other simple things."

"Oh..."

At that, Queen Chelsea bursts in. She looks aggravated, and I wasn't in the mood to hear her annoying voice yelling in my ear. I rolled my eyes to myself as she notices Bethany.

She scowls, "Bethany! C'mon! Oh my gosh, you know that there is work to be done, so why waist precious time?! Up! Up! Up! Get going! I need Charles and Randolph's laundry done, the table set for dinner, the tearoom clean, the garden tended to, and the library dusted! Yet, I find you with Arizona."

Bethany rises, "My apologies, Madam..." she looks over at me, "Until next time, Arizona."

Bethany makes her way out my door, leaving me with the woman I wish I didn't have to see.

Somebody, please, help me.

I stare at her, and she glares at me.

"Arizona, come with me."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"We are going for a little... stroll..."

She begins to walk out of my room, and I follow. I make sure my posture is better and I clasp my hands in front of me. I double check to make sure that my head isn't hanging, and that my nose is high. These tips were giving to me by... well, you can guess who...

She glances over at me, "You look awful..."

"Sorry, I guess I'm not a very beautiful cryer as all the rest of the gals in the world." I comment.

"Why cry," she snarls, "Jasper was the problem in this marriage between you and Charles..."

I just stare in front of me and don't comment. She smirks, knowing she has gotten the last word- for now. She understands that she is getting under my skin, and I'm not going to let her.

We make our way downstairs and we go into the sitting room. I wince, thinking about what happened hours ago. She is pouring salt in my wound at the moment, and it hurts and stings. I cannot let her keep this up; I cannot let her think she is getting the best of me.

She walks to the white door that was beside the circular window, and she opens it. We walk through the garden. The beauty of it still takes my breath away, but Queen Chelsea looks around, horrified.

"Ugh, this garden looks atrocious! They need to do a better job..." she complained.

"I think it is beautiful."

She rolls her eyes, "Well, to you it is. Not to me."

"Well, if you want it better, then why don't you help work on it?" I ask.

"Me?" She looks at me like I have three heads, "You have gone mad!"

"No, I haven't. What is wrong with getting your hands dirty every once in a while?"

"Well, why would I do it if I have others that could do it for me?" She asks.

That question made me very irritated. That's just pure laziness! If she doesn't like it she should get up and fix it herself. People like her make some of us look stuck-up.

"That's lazy."

She huffs, "Be quiet! Ugh, stupid young gal."

That's it.

"Shut up!"

"Excuse me?"

"Yea, excuse you!" My face turns as red as a rose, "I am not stupid! I, obviously, have more sense than you do, and I know when there's a right time to shut up! I know when I'm not supposed to say something, and I know how to not be rude! You're so mean and rude to me! I wish you would cut me some slack because of everything I've been through and yet, you have helped me with nothing! Charles and Bethany are the only ones who have actually helped me through these few days! How shallow and-"

She glares menacingly at me and interrupts, "Be quiet! Do we have to go over all this again? You want another good ol' slap across the face to you teach a lesson? I'll do it, Arizona."

"No," I choke out, "You don't have to. I don't know why you called me for a stroll, but it doesn't matter enough at this point... thank you for literally ruining my life... it feels amazing..."

I race towards the door to escape from her presence.

"Get back here, Arizona! This is important business!"

"Not anymore, it isn't, so just leave me alone!"

I ran through the sitting room and upstairs. I make a few wrong turns, but I eventually find my room. I rush in and slam the door. I begin to have another crying fest. I lay on my bed and cry. All I want is to be alone at this moment in time.

I'm done...