Change...

Chapter 4- Change...

"Come! Come!" She gestures for me to go over and sit in front of the desk.

With my mouth hanging open, I slowly walk towards her. I grab the skirt of my dress, getting ready to bow but her majesty shakes her head, "No, please. Just sit."

I sit in a small, but soft and comfortable chair in front of her. I, finally, close my mouth.

"Q-Queen Chelsea..."

"I've got my servants to bring you here for a very important occasion," she begins.

"You... Are... Queen Chelsea..."

She looks at me, "Yes, now, as I was saying, I have brought you here for a very important occasion."

"Go on..." I say.

"You know my son, Charles White, don't you?" She asks, and I nod, "Well he is going to take the title of Prince Charles soon, and it is tradition to already be married by age of twenty-one in the royal family. He turned twenty in September, and me, Queen Chelsea, and my husband, King Randolph, arranged him a marriage from the time I was expecting."

She looks at me, expectantly.

"What?"

"Don't you understand?"

"N-No... Was I supposed to understand something from that?" I ask.

She sighs, "You are going to marry Charles."

I lean back in my seat, my voice creeping slowly up to a yell as I speak, "What? You're joking! This is some nasty prank or something-"

She interrupts me, "Why would I joke about marriage, Arizona? He is a wonderful young man, and many girls would love to be in your shoes!" She says angrily.

"But I'm just a teenager!"

"No, you are a young woman today! Eighteen years old!"

"But I have so-"

She interrupts me again, "You have so much to do? Do you really have the nerve to say that to the Queen of England?"

I stay quiet. Marriage? I'm not ready for marriage! I'm just now getting a boyfriend! Let alone getting married!

I look at her, "Why? Why is this happening to me, exactly? I'm not even wealthy..."

She laughs slightly, "Oh, trust me, I definitely know you and your family aren't wealthy!"

"I don't have any true family, only Miles," I say.

"Do you want to know why you have an arranged marriage with my son?" She asks.

"Of course!"

"Well, your parents... Miles just turned two at the time. He was a young toddler, and your mother and father were so poor and so afraid of not being able to have the financial support for him. They snuck to the palace and tried to steal the most valuable things here. They got caught, of course. You and Miles both have your mother's hair but your father's eyes. Anyways, I digressed. The fine they had to pay was so great, that a hundred year sentence in jail wouldn't cover it. Neither would a total death sentence would work, so I talked to them in private. We made a deal, and at the time I was pregnant with Charles. The deal was they get to keep Miles until they had a baby girl for Charles to marry in the future. They had to keep having children until they had a girl. Around a year later, your mother found out she was pregnant with you, a girl. She tried to back out of the deal, and I wouldn't let her! I took custody of Miles and your father was sent to the dungeon. Your mother lived in the castle in good conditions until she had you, Arizona. As soon as you were born and didn't need your mother, we prosecuted your parents for all the trouble and treason they'd caused to the royal family. Thanks to your mother, you are here now."